To not buy my 11 YO DD pink nips cream?

(100 Posts)
ripsishere Thu 10-Jan-13 05:45:29

We live in Malaysia and in common with many equatorial countries, pale/white is best.
When we first moved here, we were in the chemist and she showed me a tube of cream to make ones nipples (and presumably areola) pink in line with white western women's.
This morning, she knew I was going to the supermarket and asked me to get her a tube.
She'll be disappointed.

fuzzywuzzy Thu 10-Jan-13 08:17:12

There was a thread on here a few years back, where an American website was selling labia pinker(!?) to make ladies fanjos look younger.... Amongst the product description it described the application as 'only stinging for a short while...' shock, caused much hilarity here, especially the customer reviews.

Must go find it.

fuzzywuzzy Thu 10-Jan-13 08:20:02

Found it [http://www.mynewpinkbutton.com/My-New-Pink-Button-Marilyn/M/B002P0W2DG.htm here]].

Dunno whether to laugh or cry at the web page name

fuzzywuzzy Thu 10-Jan-13 08:21:34
fluffyraggies Thu 10-Jan-13 08:28:34

<fishes boob from bra and has a look>
Pink here. I'm white, very slightly olivey toned skin.

Women's boobs and nipples come in a HUGE range of colours and shapes and sizes. No such thing as normal or average. A 'white womans' areola can range from almost chocolate brown to invisible.

Trust me, im a trained bra fitter wink

Bunbaker Thu 10-Jan-13 08:34:22

Well! The things you learn on mumsnet grin

barbiecollector Thu 10-Jan-13 08:35:00

Mine are pink, but I have long wanted them to be tattooed a darker, caramel brown.

It's a funny old world...

NumericalMum Thu 10-Jan-13 08:35:06

Wow. I had no idea I should be self conscious about my nipple colour shock

barbiecollector Thu 10-Jan-13 08:37:12

In my line of work, I see naked women all day. It is quite amazing how many different variations of boobs and fannies there are.

It is also astonishing how many women have had breast reductions.

HoneyDragon Thu 10-Jan-13 08:50:14

Yup, my aerolas in the almost invisible question. It is clearer on the relocated one as there is a light scar from the stitches.

diddl Thu 10-Jan-13 08:51:09

Oh dear God, Fuzzy

I don´t know whether to laugh or cry!

Is my labia darker than it used to be??

No idea as I CBA to lookgrin

milf90 Thu 10-Jan-13 08:53:01

They go brown when preggers usually. Mine are half pink half brown - doh!

Moominsarehippos Thu 10-Jan-13 08:53:06

Fluffy, if you are seeing all sorts oif undercarriages in your job, you're doing it wrong.

'Invisible' a***holes? Well I never... Do they also come in 'guff free'?

MammaTJ Thu 10-Jan-13 08:58:35

Glittery neither have I been to bed yet. Just about to go now after a very long night shift.

TroublesomeEx Thu 10-Jan-13 09:14:46

Wow. Mine are pink.

I'm late 30s and 2 children later and they're still a pale pink - the whole thing.

I'm with HoneyDragon - I was always led to believe that pink was the minority and less desirable/womanly than brown.

So pink's ok then...?

AudrinaAdare Thu 10-Jan-13 09:18:46

Fuzzy that link!

Helpful Customer Reviews:

My boyfriend has often expressed a wish that I had iridescent rainbow labia like a pixie or resembling David Bowie in Labrynth. Please, please, MNPB, produce a dye to make this possible!

grin

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Thu 10-Jan-13 09:33:53

Mine are really pink! Again, I've always been led to believe browner is better <immensely comforted>

CandyCrush Thu 10-Jan-13 09:40:11

Mine are very very pale pink. Like nearly invisible. Loved it when they went brown in pregnancy.

Another thing to add to the list of body hang ups! shock

squeakytoy Thu 10-Jan-13 09:42:07

at the age of 42 I actually had to look and check.. seeing as it is something that I have never given any consideration too and assumed all womens were roughly the same colour.... mine are a pinky brown.... and I am olive skinned with dark hair..

PickledInAPearTree Thu 10-Jan-13 09:44:14

Well bugger me. Mine are a dirty pink. I must have a mixture!

fuzzywuzzy Thu 10-Jan-13 09:51:27

Anyone wanting to dye their bits, should try food colour gel, I'm sure if you mess around with it long enough you can come up with rainbow labia colour, won't last, but won't sting either.............

I honestly am not terribly sure of the exact shade of my bits so wouldnt know if they're losing pinkness with age.....hmm

Beehatch Thu 10-Jan-13 09:52:51

If I'd stopped to think about it I would have definately said mine were in the browner tones, but have just fished around in my bra and bugger me they are pink - perhaps a dusky pink.

They were probably brown the last time I had much cause to examine them in any detail when I was last breastfeeding - about a year and a half ago!

While I was at it I checked if I could still get them too my lips (and old thread on here from back when I was still BF). I am very pleased to report that I no longer can - which is progress!

Onezerozero Thu 10-Jan-13 09:57:10

I had to check too!
How have women been led to believe any colour is more or less desirable? Nobody has ever mentioned my nipple colour to me. I didn't even realise they'd changed when I was pregnant. I'm so unobservant.

TroublesomeEx Thu 10-Jan-13 10:45:17

Onezerozero I had never thought about it until I was in my twenties and a woman told me a man would always prefer a woman with brown nipples because they looked more womanly and suggested that she'd be more 'sexual'.

She said that pink nipples were childlike. As a result, I've always been a bit embarrassed about my childlike pink nipples and just assumed I'd never matured properly! blush

But then she also said that only men who were scared of sex/sexually inadequate were attracted to women with smaller (less than E cup) breasts. I'm a 34D/DD currently and still think of myself as having small boobs confused. And whilst I know they're not big, surely they're not small either!

NoelHeadbands Thu 10-Jan-13 10:53:32

along with another product that's called something like 'return your fanny to virginal state'.

Harry Potter couldn't return my fanny to it's virginal state, good luck with that

StuntGirl Thu 10-Jan-13 12:11:15

Noel grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now