To have not expected my 2 year old to have broken his Christmas present yet

(54 Posts)
Peka Wed 09-Jan-13 19:35:46

I am pregnant and hormonal, but got home from work today to find my 2 year old declaring 'i break the bus' very proudly while granny looks on. He has been going through a 'throwing things' phase recently and also has A LOT of toys - most not given to him by me and his dad. But his dad thought really hard and chose his Christmas present himself and it is a lovely wooden toy bus. He threw the bus around in a more than boisterous playing way (which I have witnessed and also received a few toys in the face with recently) and managed to knock the wheel off (it's broken at the joint) and I can't now find the bit to glue it back on as granny mentioned she had hoovered up and it might have gone up the hoover. I am totally GUTTED and might cry. I know this is totally unreasonable, please tell me to get a grip.

ukatlast Thu 10-Jan-13 12:05:30

Yes, those hormones have a lot to answer for. Get a grip, it's a material object of no value, whereas your son is a wonderful developing human being. Do not glue it back on ever in similar situations as the parts are potential choking hazards. Broken toys of any kind should go straight in the bin.

imogengladhart Thu 10-Jan-13 12:47:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blu Thu 10-Jan-13 12:53:21

It's a shame, but I bet he will still enjoy the bus even with one wheel missing.

And use it to help encourage him to learn. 'oh no, the bus is poorly now, what happened? You threw the bus and the wheel came off, poor bus, broken, can't go sad ' etc.

You've focussed lots of things on the bus - your DH choosing it, the loveliness of it, and you are pg and sentimental. I was SO sentimental when pg, projected my mummy-nesting feelings on to all sorts of things.

I hope things feel less upsetting today.

Peka Thu 10-Jan-13 14:15:15

Hi thanks for messages and grips. Yes weirdly today I am quite over the whole thing and have firm hold of grip (until I watch OBEM on 4OD of course...). DS has also been much better behaved than usual - will probably last about 5 mins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now