To get annoyed with people who live their whole lives through fb

(34 Posts)
2kidsintow Fri 04-Jan-13 23:14:30

And I mean the BIG stuff.

My friend announced her major illness on there. Then every appointment, symptom and treatment.

And then 6 months later, her separation from her husband.

Each to their own, I'm sure. But it still annoys me.

BornInACrossFireHurricane Sat 05-Jan-13 08:08:01

I hate those as well onadifferentplanet- and the checking in 'sarah is at whatever hospital'.

I don't like facebook but I'm on it due to a couple of groups. Haven't updated my status for months though

littlestressy Sat 05-Jan-13 10:11:27

The ones I don't like on FB are the "love my husband/wife they're so great xxx"
then 30 seconds later
"you too hun xxx"
When you know perfectly well they are sitting on the same sofa together.

raspberryroop Sat 05-Jan-13 10:17:01

When my husband died suddenly in the night - putting a simple message on Facebook was so much easier than trying to deal with 300 phone calls asking 'is it true'. People were able to express their sympathy and I was able to deal with stuff when i was ready.

Dogsmom Sat 05-Jan-13 10:20:24

I had a huge cull the other week and got rid of about 180 people and now only have about 50 left, I had fallen into the trap if accepting every request and had people on there I hadn't seen since primary school and wouldn't cross the street to say hello to.

I also got rid of the ones who 'like' and 'share' upsetting photos as if it can make a blind bit of difference.

There's only one left who I can't really delete as she's a relative but is pregnant and posts 'bumpwatch' pictures 2 or 3 times a week of her belly and every comment is about a twinge, kick, appointment, craving. I reckon she'll be updating her status while she's pooing in labour.

Onezerozero Sat 05-Jan-13 10:31:30

I don't really mind how other people use Facebook. Or any social media.
You may wish to keep the bad things private (I certainly don't share much on Facebook myself), others may draw comfort from friends, acquaintances and even strangers on the internet when they are having relationship problems or are sick or whatever.

OddBoots Sat 05-Jan-13 10:38:29

I had a long stay in hospital miles from home a couple of years ago and FB and Twitter were fantastic for keeping people updated with all the twists and turns. I would text dh, my parents and brother then an hour later update FB/Twitter. People cared and wanted to know how things were going so it saved dh having to fend off loads of questions and it kept me company over what could have been a very lonely 7 weeks.

hanginginthere1 Sat 05-Jan-13 10:38:31

Can't stand it. A particularly toxic member of the family uses it to brag about her holidays, kids achievements etc. She also uses it to make snidey, bitchy comments about my kids. One of them has recently de friended her.

fortyplus Sat 05-Jan-13 12:46:46

Dogsmom - you can go on her profile and change so that you only receive 'important' updates - or none a t all

PeshwariNaan Sat 05-Jan-13 12:59:30

What's most annoying is people who post 10x a day about any little thing and then NEVER answer private messages. I mean give me a break - I know you're on all the time, throw us a bone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now