Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To wonder why people post on Flouncers Corner?

(67 Posts)
jessjessjess Thu 03-Jan-13 19:09:24

If you don't want to go on MN, can't you just stop going on MN? Why post about it - unless you want people to beg you to stay?

I don't get it.

scottishmummy Thu 03-Jan-13 19:47:17

equally as bad is the where is so and so,my bestie ever chum,such a support
I think err if he/she such a stalwart and bestie why don't you know where they are?
people cone,people go.it's the mn churn.despite the handwringing mn goes on regardless

Pinot Thu 03-Jan-13 19:47:59

<<breathes in fresh AIBU air>>

Boomerwang Thu 03-Jan-13 20:26:13

Another subforum I didn't know about...

Well, I like it.

It's quite nice to know where people have gone and to be able to PM them before they go - otherwise how would you keep in touch?

You can't protect against the few who'll come here for all of two days then leave in a massive strop, but if FC didn't exist they'd only whine all over the normal boards.

PiccadillyCervix Thu 03-Jan-13 20:32:04

Oh god, I appear to agree with scottishmummy.

People like attention, they want to be begged to stay and to have a soap box to tell others to fuck off

usualsuspect3 Thu 03-Jan-13 20:34:55

Everyone seeks attention on MN, even SM.

IvorHughJanglySleigh Thu 03-Jan-13 20:37:07

I love Flouncer's Corner, it is my secret pleasure and it naffs me off that not every flouncer posts there. It should be a rule or summat.

usualsuspect3 Thu 03-Jan-13 20:39:50

Every flouncer usually comes back anyway, when there's nowt on the telly.

scottishmummy Thu 03-Jan-13 20:42:12

mn pleasure, def s&b threads for me
flounders corner is good thing as keeps em in one manageable place

wigglesrock Thu 03-Jan-13 21:01:22

I don't know why, but some days they're the best reading on MN. "No, don't go" "Please, stay", "Oh all right then, since you all asked so nicely".

scottishmummy Thu 03-Jan-13 21:03:50

yes they're so needy.they righty I'm off...await pleas of noooo.5min later...ok I'll stay

Hence why Usual now has a 3. grin

This thread is a bit mean, especially seeing as the only person I have noticed flouncing today posts all the time and if she just left, posters would probably be asking where she went.

oooh who's flounced today?

SuePurblyFeltYourPresents Thu 03-Jan-13 21:10:32

I think the thread was started because of a mention in the thread that went pfft - the OP hadn't heard of FC. I wasn't aware anyone had flounced today.

scottishmummy Thu 03-Jan-13 21:11:12

flouncers corner is extension of fave mn,test out mn popularity
which is why the fave mn threads generate such consternation
someone always gets hump at the mentions,no shows,also rans

GlitterKnickaz did. Hadn't seen the deleted thread so assumed this was about the only flounce thread I've seen. blush Sorry!

I read that as the OP hadn't heard of Father Christmas... grin

SuePurblyFeltYourPresents Thu 03-Jan-13 21:13:43

Oh sad. No, I'm pretty sure it wasn't about her.

SuePurblyFeltYourPresents Thu 03-Jan-13 21:14:21

Arf. EVERYBODY has heard of Father Christmas grin
<spreads the good word>

Same! Had to read it a few times before I realised.

I think MNHQ invented flouncers corner to stop all the attention seeking nonsense going on in AIBU and chat.

Sue I had just read her thread when I spotted this, that's why I thought it was about her.

scottishmummy Thu 03-Jan-13 21:16:16

that's exactly what happened mnhq made flouncers corner to contain them. and the histrionics

SuePurblyFeltYourPresents Thu 03-Jan-13 21:17:54

That's really shit, Schro. Too many good posters being hounded off by the twats.

MN needs a Histrionics Topic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now