To dare you to tell me how much weight you've put on!?

(160 Posts)

10lbs and it's not even new year yet!!!

cozietoesie Sat 29-Dec-12 12:41:59

I'm not worried about the weight - that can be easily taken off - it's just the shock to my system of all that eg chocolate, sugar and thick cream given what I normally eat. I feel sort of sluggish.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Sat 29-Dec-12 12:42:20

I would not dare to venture near the scales, I have been steadily piling in on for months now. I have some serious work to do on myself in the new year.

8lbs.
Back on track now though, Christmas nuts/cheese/pâté/Pringles almost finished.

All gone on belly, look about 5 months pregnant hmm

giraffesCantFlyLikeReindeer Sat 29-Dec-12 12:42:21

nothing.

Have lost 3stone in 5months, no way am I putting it all on again!

greenbananas Sat 29-Dec-12 12:42:26

I'm still 2 stone overweight post-pregancy (DS2 is 6 weeks old) but I haven't put on any more over Christmas. I think all the cake and chocolate I ate has been absorbed by DS2's breastfeeding demands.

I have lost 3st this year too, giraffes.
But at 7st11 was starting to look too thin, so 8lbs is no big deal. Still a size 10. Just need to keep it in check, so will be weighing self every 2 days. Don't want it to creep back on.

Ive put on 21lb since Dec 1st.

I totally win the one competition Id loved to have lost.

Ah well, twas fun.

DoingTheBestICan Sat 29-Dec-12 12:46:33

I've lost 12lb since the 17th due to nasty flu virus,very jealous of all your christmas munching,I haven't had any.

muminthecity Sat 29-Dec-12 12:47:52

For the first time in my life I've actually lost weight over Christmas, thanks to the bastard norovirus.

giraffesCantFlyLikeReindeer Sat 29-Dec-12 12:55:23

more I deffo don't look too thin! Maybe next year wink

catgirl1976geesealaying Sat 29-Dec-12 12:56:14

Half a fecking stone

I'm thinking Dukan or Atkins plus the Shred in the New Year

and thinking about it counts right?

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 29-Dec-12 12:57:50

The same. I don't eat dramatically differently over Christmas.

I've been ill as well,eating is currently an effort!

mcmooncup Sat 29-Dec-12 13:00:04

I'm obviously shit at Christmas.
Why do you put on weight at Christmas??
Seriously? Isn't it just one major meal??? You can't put on 21lbs with one meal?
What else is going on?!?!?

Fakebook Sat 29-Dec-12 13:01:08

I don't know but I was a size 14 top half and size 12 bottom half about 2 months ago. Bought all size 14 tops from the sales. Nothing fits. I'm now a healthy size 16 sad. Going to start power walking with the pushchair.

CrispyHedgeHogmanay Sat 29-Dec-12 13:02:07

I've lost 5lbs grin

Looked around the house yesterday and realised no chocs or crisps or anything had been eaten.. didn't even have pudding on xmas day

KellyEllyChristmasBelly Sat 29-Dec-12 13:02:24

1.5lb. I'm quite disappointed. I thought with all the extra eating and drinking it would be at least 5lb smile Few more days left of overindulgence left before the January health kick. My body is actually craving healthy stuff now after all the crap. Bought some salad for my lunch today and it tasted so much better than usual!

Nellysknickers Sat 29-Dec-12 13:04:07

I lost some before Xmas when I had flu. I have more than made up for nearly two weeks of not eating and am almost back to normal, could have done with keeping the weight off though <shrugs>

FrankWippery Sat 29-Dec-12 13:04:27

Lost about 8lbs in the past week. Stress related, but happy if it continues!

TraineeBabyCatcher Sat 29-Dec-12 13:05:40

Not sure I dare go weigh myself.
I've not exercised in over a week aswell as ds has been off school and I haven't had the opportunity- so even if I hadn't eaten more I would expect to have put on.

fanoftheinvisiblebigredman Sat 29-Dec-12 13:10:44

I now have a chest infection following flu in mid december. I must have been the only person to wake up on dec 22nd and have been a little disapointed to find the world was carrying on as I felt so ill.

Last got weighed boxing day and I had lost 9 lb.

catgirl1976geesealaying Sat 29-Dec-12 13:14:18

Seriously? Isn't it just one major meal???

No, mine has been:

21st - Work do, large meal, lots of drinks
23rd - Meal out with friends, plus drinks
24th - Lunch out with friends (turkey etc) then Xmas Eve Dinner
25th - Christmas day - smoked salmon scrambled eggs breakfast, huge lunch etc)
26th- Boxing day dinner (hosted at mine)
28th -Curry out with friends

Tonight is a meal out and cinema

Then there is New Years Eve (takeaway, champagne etc)
New Years day (big family meal)

Not to mention having a house full of chocolates, drink (including the vair fattening Baileys), nice cheeses etc and the constant drinking

I'm surprised I've only gained half a stone so far sad

CMOTDibbler Sat 29-Dec-12 13:15:06

Nothing, but have been watching my food intake, and am back to my weightloss regime now

whattodoo Sat 29-Dec-12 13:15:36

Have lost half stone due to fluey virus. Starting to get an appetite back but the only food left in the house is chocs, cakes, cheese etc.

FredFredGeorge Sat 29-Dec-12 13:15:50

mcmooncup a lot of the weight gain for many is a big increase in alcohol consumption, from both the calories in the alcohol and the change in patterns of eating that come from that. As well as an increase in chocolate etc.

There was a study in the US which showed that the average person put on 1lb over Christmas (well Thanksgiving/Christmas in their case) - not a lot you think, but it also showed that it typically wasn't ever lost in the rest of the year, so each Christmas you add a 1lb by the time you're 40 you're 20lbs heavier than you were. One of the things which influences hunger is the amount of fat you have, so it tends not to go again.

I'm also unchanged in weight, despite drinking more than normal, and eating different foods (parties/visiting etc.) but I still just eat to hunger and it works well for me as long as I stay metabolically fit via the exercise.

catgirl1976geesealaying Sat 29-Dec-12 13:16:50

Could someone with a virus (not too nasty but thin making) pop round and lick me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now