Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think CSA are a shower of idiots?

(37 Posts)
AnneNonimousLetterToSanta Fri 28-Dec-12 12:43:09

Grrrr!

Opened a case 4 MONTHS ago and am yet to see any money. They had no tracking down to do, I gave the exPs address, number and work address. He cooperated and they were meant to receive money from his employers at the beginning of the month. I have had to continually call them up to get them to take the steps to get the money to me. Is this not what their job is?! Apparently it should be with me by next week but time will tell.

Man on the phone said it probably got caught up in the festive period. That's exactly why I needed the bloody money on time! Oh and he said 'ciao' as he hung up.

Rant over. Almost. GRRR again!

daveserco Tue 08-Jan-13 10:56:48

The most infuriating thing is that we are told to say to parents ' do not rely on the money as income'! Talk about fanning the flames!!

SoftKittyWarmKitty Tue 08-Jan-13 14:27:09

Dave please can you explain exactly what Serco is? I'm unsure of what the difference between them and the CSA is.

What would happen if, for instance, I someone put in a complaint of maladministration/incompetence and requested compensation for loss of/lack of child support, requesting that the CSA pay me them the 6k of arrears owed? Do you think I they would have any chance of being paid the money they're owed? If not, would proceeding to an ICE make a difference?

daveserco Wed 09-Jan-13 09:48:56

Serco is a private multinational company that has contracts from cleaning toilets in airports (Dubai) to running trains to running secondary schools (this is pending). They own the contract to run the contract for collection (ha!) of child maintenance after buying out the previous coma-pny to own it (vertex) in 2012. You may feel you have a genuine case to answer against the CSA, but the odds are deliberately 'stacked against you'. If they have followed prcedures and timescales, then it will be said you do not have a case to answer. If the other 'parent' constantly put change of circs in place, then technically the official line will be that they have followed the correct process. I am not rubbing salt in the wounds deliberately, just I know how the system works. Again if you complain and it is not found in your favour, they usually do not even reply. The complainant usually has to ring the contact centre and be told via notes!!1

TakeMyEyesButNotTheMulledWine Wed 09-Jan-13 11:32:34

A friend hasn't seen any money from her ex for years despite contacting the csa numerous times.

He (the ex) has told the csa that he has 50/50 contact. He hasn't seen his son in over 3 yrs. Despite telling them this is a lie many, many times, they are taking his word for it.

She has no idea how to prove it otherwise, they just don't want to know.

daveserco Wed 09-Jan-13 11:56:23

HU Takemyeeyes, have they asked for calendars regarding shared care, he has to show that his son has stayed overnight in his house for 52 nights or more per year.

TakeMyEyesButNotTheMulledWine Wed 09-Jan-13 12:14:31

l'll ask her. As far as I know they have told her she isn't entitled to anything because of shared care and that they offered no advice how to go about proving it.

Her son is 10 now, about 5 yrs ago the csa caught up with him and took the maintenence straight out of his wages. He was in arrears that he had to pay but then lost his job so stopped paying. He is working again as he works for the same company as my DP. Now he's lying about contact. He's a fucking arsehole!

daveserco Wed 09-Jan-13 12:34:44

If she has not already done so, get her to contact agency with his employment details. He has to prove that he has his son with him. They will advise of ninety day timescale to look into case. About 4-6 weeks in a case worker allocated will ring her (Iam trying not to laugh). Get her to ask for case workers ext number, when she is contacted. If possible get your friend to state a message can be left on v/mail, if she wants.

daveserco Wed 09-Jan-13 12:35:45

Sorry just to add, they have to ask for dates from both parties, so ask her if they have done this.

TakeMyEyesButNotTheMulledWine Wed 09-Jan-13 12:37:14

Thanks for that advice dave. Will definitely tell her this.

daveserco Wed 09-Jan-13 12:42:59

no problems, now I need to get to work will check in tomorrow .

Reaa Wed 09-Jan-13 16:17:01

17years and not a penny

daveserco Thu 10-Jan-13 07:58:02

Reaa does the csa know where he is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now