to hate my husband being I'll.

(44 Posts)
MrsJingleBells74 Tue 11-Dec-12 19:00:08

DH has a nasty cold & has been off work for 2 days. He just sits there with a pitiful look on his face, whimpers every time he moves & gets snarly if I ask him to do anything, but won't just go to bed. I also have a poorly toddler with a cold & diarrhoea & a very snuffly 11 week old who fed every 2 hours last night.

I'm tired & would quite like to run out the front door & not come back. hmm

CailinDana Wed 12-Dec-12 08:16:27

The really annoying thing is, if I'm sick, DH is very good but if I don't complain constantly about how sick I am he assumes I'm better angry. In his mind unless you're doubled over every time you cough (yes, he does this, I should film it and mortify the life out of the eejit), moaning, groaning, sniffling etc then you're fine. I might feel horrible but I just get on with it, I don't see the point in sitting on the couch playing a plague victim from Horrible Histories, but then of course I get no extra help/sympathy! Can't win.

soontobeburns Wed 12-Dec-12 10:45:15

My Dp is the opposite and it pisses me off. He did his back in a few years ago after being hit by a car but everytime it gets sore or he has a cold etc. He carries on as normal. I only know something's wrong when he has 5 mins to moan. Even then I still have to force him to take it easy and let me cook dinner or make the tea. I'm always complaining he doesn't moan enough.

On the other hand I get man flu and he's my servant lol. We are the complete opposite of most lol.

sue52 Wed 12-Dec-12 12:10:05

DH's ill is always worse than my ill. He is incapable of doing anything when he has the sniffles and regresses into childhood. It Irritates me no end.

DoubleMum Wed 12-Dec-12 12:17:45

My DH can be like this when ill. On the other hand when I could barely walk across the room for months before I had knee replacements, and after both surgeries, he did absolutely everything for me and the children with far more patience than I have ever shown. Therefore he is now forgiven for the rest of his life.

chocolateistheenemy Wed 12-Dec-12 12:19:39

The most recent pitiful slapped-arse-face performance from DH was when he went on a course and ate a CHICKEN LOLLIPOP. Which he described as mushy . I could do nothing right. Too much sympathy, too little sympathy, squash instead of water, not enough food to keep a whippet alive, overfeeding in order to aggrevate the tender stomach...
I gave up and took the DCs to Prezzo and left him to it

forcedinsomnia Wed 12-Dec-12 12:26:06

My DH is a blithering idiot when he is ill. He does go to bed though....and doesn't move. Until he is pretty much 100% well. Even when we were all ill together....I was the one looking after DS. hmm

He is getting a cough atm and I throw him daggers everytime he coughs (louder than a sonic boom btw!!!) because it would be me who gets up to DS if/when he wakes. Hey ho. I married him knowing he wa a wuss....so probably shouldn't moan. wink Good job I love him eh??

Viviennemary Wed 12-Dec-12 12:32:13

My DH is the same if he gets a really bad cold or flu systems. Every few minutes it's groan groan I feel awful. I can't breathe. I can't swallow. It drives me mad.

GreatCongas Wed 12-Dec-12 12:50:37

I don't like the if you're that I'll go to need thing.
I would dearly love to but I have three children at home and the place falls apart if I don't at least so some stuff.
I do feel bloody awful at the moment though and I've run out of balsam tissues and my nose is ted raw which means ill have a sore scabby nose for Christmas hmm
I'm rarely ill though so I feel entitled
To whinge

GreatCongas Wed 12-Dec-12 12:51:16

Go to bed not need

forcedinsomnia Wed 12-Dec-12 13:01:17

Would you Adam'n'Eve it.....dh just text to say he is feeling rough!!! sad I might stay at work for a few days.

MrsJingleBells74 Thu 13-Dec-12 19:28:06

I feel very guilty now as I've been struck down with the same thing & have barely been able to get out of bed for the past few days.

Theicingontop Thu 13-Dec-12 19:40:39

I always promise myself the next time I'm ill I'm going to milk the fuck out of it, but I never manage it, I get bored and get on with things angry

Last time OH caught a cold he was 'weak' for weeks after.

"Oh I would hang the washing on the line, but you know, I still don't feel 100% after that flu." with a deadly serious face.

GordonsAlive Thu 13-Dec-12 19:44:54

I'm recovering from pneumonia, going by DP's past performances on colds, I've got weeks of malingering ahead of me grin

PrincessScrumpy Thu 13-Dec-12 20:58:07

I expect dh to give me sympathy if i'm ill but have very little for dh... Usually he gets ill while i'm still recovering, he gets time off work and rest, I still have to care for dc 4yo and 15mo twins.

McChristmasPants2012 Thu 13-Dec-12 21:03:36

I become a nurse when DH is ill, so when I am ill I can remind him smile

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyofWinterfell Thu 13-Dec-12 21:25:29

DH has a wierd unspecific virus at the moment, stomach pains, cold, hot, shivery, wrapped in a fleece blanket on the sofa...

Oh, and he says his balls feel huge. hmm

faulkernegger Thu 13-Dec-12 22:45:30

Why do they moan and groan? My DP sighs all the time if he's under the weather - I've started counting (just for my own amusement). And I refuse to listen to stories about his symptoms ( I really don't need or want to know about the colour of his phlegm). If he's that ill, he can go to bed, if not, take drugs and he'll feel better anyway! I have been blessed with a strong, healthy body, and rarely get ill myself - hurrah. smile

CaliforniaSucksSnowballs Thu 13-Dec-12 23:18:54

I found Dh is all pathetic with flu or a bad cold, but when he was seriously ill and needed to rest and get better he wouldn't stay still, he was at deaths door and managed to drag himself to work using a walking cane and fixed my car with his hands shaking so bad I had to hold them. It's like they are in denial when it's serious and use man flu for a bit of rest and relaxation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now