to be pissed off about the kitchen politics at work

(75 Posts)
caterwauling Mon 10-Dec-12 10:38:28

Grrr...bosses PA has sent round a snarky patronising sexist email, complaining about the state of the kitchen...

This is after 3 snarky patronising posters she put up to the same effect

Its not her fecking kitchen is it? Control freaky freak!

people can surely stack or not stack as they see fit??

Pandemoniaa Mon 10-Dec-12 11:05:38

Sake! You are determined to misread this message, aren't you? She's not suggesting men are not capable of cleaning up. Instead, she's saying that they needn't bother to give this impression at work.

WorraLorraTurkey Mon 10-Dec-12 11:06:37

But some women can't shit without their Mum's coming to their rescue.

Perhaps she should've added 'Husbands, Fathers and boyfriends' too...although that would have made it unnecessarily long.

squeakytoy Mon 10-Dec-12 11:08:30

OP, are you one of the people who doesnt clear up after themselves. I can only think that you must be, because otherwise you would see her point.

Jins Mon 10-Dec-12 11:08:44

You don't like her do you? grin

InExitCelsisDeo Mon 10-Dec-12 11:09:11

I think she has been quite restrained.

I would be tempted to be much more blunt. Kitchen politics are a pisser, but I have hideous memories of mould growing in cups and rings of sticky goo.

caterwauling Mon 10-Dec-12 11:11:31

end of her tether about what????? confused

that she cant control how people stack their cups/bowls??

No worra I am a SP to 2 young kids...I know how to clean grin

SellotapeInMyHairExtensions Mon 10-Dec-12 11:11:40

That's a fab email grin. I'm with the PA.

OP YABU.

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Mon 10-Dec-12 11:12:09

I would have sent a similar email when I was the PA at an office.

There's nothing sexist about it. Clean up after yourselves and she won't need to send such messages.

kakapo Mon 10-Dec-12 11:13:05

No I'm with you OP. Very annoying, does she think it is witty?! And yes, it does imply that she either thinks only females clean up at home, or that it is just males making the mess. So she has probably annoyed men and women with the same poster!!

caterwauling Mon 10-Dec-12 11:13:20

she doesnt have a point

squeakytoy Mon 10-Dec-12 11:13:56

Maybe if you all cleared your mess up she wouldnt have to send the email out in the first place eh!

caterwauling Mon 10-Dec-12 11:15:13

thanks kak and tiwis

<we are right, all these other buggers are wrong!>

kakapo Mon 10-Dec-12 11:15:54

But why not just send an email saying "can EVERYONE please wash their dishes"? No need to bring sarcasm or people's female relatives into it...

AngelGabrielWreakinHavoc Mon 10-Dec-12 11:16:05

I dont understand these threads where people ask aibu then argue when they are told they are hmm

WorraLorraTurkey Mon 10-Dec-12 11:16:35

I think she has a very good point.

Unless you're all under the age of 7yrs, I'm sure you can manage to keep the place tidy and the dishwasher properly stacked.

kakapo Mon 10-Dec-12 11:16:50

Agreed grin

DeWe Mon 10-Dec-12 11:18:47

She's not suggesting that men are not capable of clearing up. Rather the opposite. She's saying they are capable of clearing up and shouldn't be assuming it's for women to clear up after them.

I think it's funny too. grin

kakapo Mon 10-Dec-12 11:18:50

Well squeaky, I am very clean and organised, and can definitely say I don't contribute to any messes in my work kitchen (rarely use it). But if anyone in my work sent out that email I would think they were a twit.

YouOldTinsellySlag Mon 10-Dec-12 11:19:36

I've been a PA in my time and I find the tone of her note sarcastic and unprofessional.

If she wants a long term solution she needs to get people onside with a constructive solution or a rota, not just snip and snipe at them like their naughty kids. If I was on the receiving end of that note I would have HATED it.

I understand how these things can be annoying- everyone thinks it's somebody else's job etc, but the way she phrased it is just irritating and incendiary.

She will probably get a big lump of gift wrapped poo when she opens her secret Santa if she keeps this up!

YouOldTinsellySlag Mon 10-Dec-12 11:19:51

So YANBU.

MoomieAndFreddie Mon 10-Dec-12 11:20:02

omg this has just reminded me why i hate working

YouOldTinsellySlag Mon 10-Dec-12 11:20:54

they're, not their, sorry.

kakapo Mon 10-Dec-12 11:21:24

And it is sexist... who says it's the men leaving the mess? Not the OP.

OpheliasWeepingWillow Mon 10-Dec-12 11:22:07

Send it to passiveaggressivenotes.com!

YouOldTinsellySlag Mon 10-Dec-12 11:23:16

Oh yes, I love that site!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now