Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

(heh at unseasonable) to want a JOB

(28 Posts)
Alameda Tue 04-Dec-12 13:08:29

even though I don't have any useful skills, referees, get bored easily and am just generally quite rubbish

I'm sure there is something I could do? Please inspire me?

Alameda Wed 05-Dec-12 16:55:27

what might you like to do lljkk?

am really pleased about volunteering at the museum, starting next week, it is very similar to A Job isn't it? Even if absolutely nobody else thinks so!

lljkk Fri 07-Dec-12 11:21:57

God knows what I want to do. Something not yucky or too performance related and that leaves me quids in after childcare & travel costs: oh, and not exhausted from the travelling & work.

If you can find voluntary work you love, brilliant. I have done a fair bit voluntary stuff in last 8 yrs but am jaded (sorry, personality politics everywhere, and I'm not even being paid to put with it!).

mam29 Fri 07-Dec-12 12:23:52

Im 32 to and dont know what I want to do when grow up.

cant afford go back uni.

cant get part time job as im not full flexible.

feel if dident have kids be easer.
I do voluntry stuff but not same.

I want a job.only part time as childcare too pricey

Funny enough last night was thinking something has to change next year as i was putting free sachet of pepper from maccy ds on my pasta.

I have applied for jobs i would have easily got and some even did in past.

I dont have right skills.

I have 12years experience in retail
a dgree, alebvels , gcses
I was store manager pre kids

yet I dont meet any of criteria for low paid retail jobs even.

I know its just competition

that they have so many applications theres a cut off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now