To already being annoyed at the jibes at Kate Middleton's hypermesis

(78 Posts)
guccigirl666 Mon 03-Dec-12 21:14:31

The poor woman is said to be suffering hypermesis, a rare and horrific form of morning sickness. It is NOT within the 'normal realms' of morning sickness, it means you cannot even hold down water. I suffered from this in my pregnancy and was on a drip in hospital for days, I lost 2 stone in weight and hearing everyone talking about her 'moaning' and comparing it to 'normal' morning sickness is really frustrating! Hypermesis is pure hell and shouldn't be overlooked!

mumsneedwine Tue 04-Dec-12 14:50:02

With the first I was sick 50 times a day and only stopped in the delivery room. It's so debilitating and life becomes a real effort - dehydration happens very fast and only way to rehydrate is either by drip or a suppository (had both as at one point was so dehydrated they couldn't find a vein). 2nd pregnancy wasn't sick once ! Poor girl must be so worried about her baby and Royal or not think she deserves compassion. I had people (men mainly) telling me to just get on with it - memorably once by my Manager, and I promptly projectile vomited all over his office. grin

Yellowtip Tue 04-Dec-12 15:06:17

I don't think it's an esp big deal to have a line put in as a precautionary measure. They've done it for DC of mine who have caught a sick bug while ill, or who've just had a bad bug. It's a very simple procedure. Probably costs a thousand or so at the King Edward V11, but I doubt anyone's counting.

Yellowtip Tue 04-Dec-12 15:12:25

Of course I'm not saying she hasn't got hg, just that this might be an over-reaction by Kate/ Carole/ the medics or just be the best line to spin for pr purposesi f she is only five or six weeks and on only the first day or two of throwing up.

If she is really ill with hg then the chances are we won't see her for the next nine months which is perhaps another slight bonus for the public (and possibly her). Might piss off the assembled masses of maternity wear watchers though.

I'm still really interested in the succession thing if it's twins and there has to be a c-section. Anyone know if the doctors can choose which to whisk out first?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now