to think that I really should expect to find this my pot of jelly

(34 Posts)
PrettyHairClips Fri 30-Nov-12 23:23:36

I've just sat down to eat a pot of jelly, and when I peeled it open, inside there was a green chalky gunk on the top with specs of green chalky gunk inside the jelly itself. I've taken a photo:

The Jelly

I've been eating this brand of jelly for a while and this is the first time I've seen anything like it. WTF.

maxybrown Sat 01-Dec-12 11:49:37

god wrong thread, I've got a stomach bug and all this talk hasn't helped one jot - and isn't it about time we had a sick smiley?

Looks like mould to me too

E320 Sat 01-Dec-12 11:34:25

Make your own jelly?

piprabbit Sat 01-Dec-12 10:36:33

I bought a bag of Uncle Ben's microwavable rice. Snipped the corner off and popped it in the microwave. Took it out and opened it properly to serve only to find that the centre of the rice was a black sludge that stank to high heaven. <vom>

AmazingBouncingFerretDude Sat 01-Dec-12 10:27:42

Ahhh scrape it off and get it down yeh.

fengirl1 Sat 01-Dec-12 10:18:18

Hmmm, that's the sugar-free variety isn't it? I have six which arrived yesterday. confused it's put me right off. And yes, it is mould, looks like the sort that grows on stale bread.

MrsReiver Sat 01-Dec-12 09:51:10

Definitely mould, possibly antibiotic. Keep hold of it in case you get pneumonia.

merlottits Sat 01-Dec-12 08:29:11

I'm thinking anthrax. Everyone is being kind saying mould. Get yourself to A & E.

smile

manticlimactic Sat 01-Dec-12 08:21:06

Looks like there was tiny hole in the middle.

And you often get bugs in washed salad, I wouldn't be shocked to find them. They only use water. They don't use chemicals or hot water. Unwashed stuff I would be even less surprised. I mean the stuff comes from the ground for heavens sake.

musicalendorphins Sat 01-Dec-12 08:17:07

They may toss in a few coupons or something, plus your money back, as nobody was hurt.
My stepfather almost died from white mold on a donut with powdered sugar on it. I never thought of it until now, but my parents could have sued. He bought them that day from the corner store, not from a bakery, they were the pre packaged type. He was in the hospital for 10 days.

diddl Sat 01-Dec-12 08:16:15

Mould-does anyone really think not?confused

musicalendorphins Sat 01-Dec-12 08:10:21

That sure looks like mold.
I found black mold on the inside of the lid when I opened a new jar of mayonnaise. I returned it to the store and got another one. I guess from time to time something doesn't seal properly.

usualsuspect3 Fri 30-Nov-12 23:46:21

I think you might get a voucher for another pot of jelly. not £3000000000000 for a bit of mould.

PrettyHairClips Fri 30-Nov-12 23:42:58

How much compo Coola?

OhChristFENTONnotREINDEERnow Fri 30-Nov-12 23:42:01

I found a live caterpillar in my plastic packed brocolli during the summer. Tesco were not very interested.

Definitely mould - I found a LIVE caterpillar in my "washed in spring water and ready to eat" naice salad leaves today.

Complained and compensation will be with me next week along with a letter detailing the outcome of the investigation they started today.

Naice leaves = naice company = NAICE customer service grin.

OhChristFENTONnotREINDEERnow Fri 30-Nov-12 23:37:48

I bet you'll get a £2 voucher hmm

usualsuspect3 Fri 30-Nov-12 23:37:33

Hardly the manufacturers fault if theres a hole in the lid. It could have happened anywhere.

Just chuck it away.

OhChristFENTONnotREINDEERnow Fri 30-Nov-12 23:37:09

Oh god, that reminds me of a petri dish in a biology class when I was about eleven.

<random>

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 30-Nov-12 23:35:13

You can tell it's from a hole in the top, due to the cluster. If it were from an unsealed pot, the mould would start at the edge and work its way round/out.

Just take it back, or complain directly to manufacturer. MAybe you'll get some free jelly?

TheFutureMrsB Fri 30-Nov-12 23:34:22

Mould! Not nice in a sealed pot, send photo to the manufacturer.

PrettyHairClips Fri 30-Nov-12 23:34:18

I've contacted the company and saved the offending item.

Cbh1978 Fri 30-Nov-12 23:33:32

Yikes. :-/

Selks Fri 30-Nov-12 23:32:10

Defo mould

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Fri 30-Nov-12 23:30:59

Someone at the factory stuck their finger in it.

Certainly looks like mould.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now