Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think the woman who gave Prince William a babygrow...

(69 Posts)
SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 28-Nov-12 18:44:06

Is a bit of a nutter if she thinks he will actually keep it and use it? hmm

RedHelenB Wed 28-Nov-12 18:45:04

Won't he be a bit big for it!!??

VivaLeBeaver Wed 28-Nov-12 18:45:41

I think he might do because of the co-pilot message on it. If it had just been a more standard one then I think you'd have a point. But it's unusual and relevant to him.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 28-Nov-12 18:45:56

grin

stormforce10 Wed 28-Nov-12 18:47:06

Why wouldn't he? If / when they have children they'll find even Royal babies are sick,drooly and pooey at inconvenient moments. They may find themselves grateful for that baby gro

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 28-Nov-12 18:47:24

I didn't see the message! Curious now!

McChristmasPants2012 Wed 28-Nov-12 18:47:29

Is Kate pregnant

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 28-Nov-12 18:47:58

Storm I'm sure they wont be short of baby gifts and clothes!

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 28-Nov-12 18:48:42

McChristmas I don't think so, woman on the telly said that because he said he would use it maybe he would take the hint and do it soon... Or something like that.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 28-Nov-12 18:49:27

The message on it said "daddy's little co-pilot"

Pagwatch Wed 28-Nov-12 18:49:32

I am probably being a total arse but I thought it was really awful.
Whatif they are having problems conceiving ?
I was also really superstitious. I would of course be polite but being given a baby gift would bother me unless I actually, you know, had a baby.

I fully accept thati am a bit of a nutter about this.

McChristmasPants2012 Wed 28-Nov-12 18:50:08

What a weird thing to give then lol

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 28-Nov-12 18:50:46

That's actually a really sweet message on it.

Pag I completely agree with you, I thought it a bit odd and rude to give a baby gift to someone who had no children and wasn't expecting.

I just wanted to give her baby a hat! grin

WinklyVersusTheZombies Wed 28-Nov-12 18:52:07

I agree with pag

It's hard enough to be a normal married couple with no children and putting up with the whispers and stares and questions and comments and head tilts. What if they are having trouble?

JustFabulous Wed 28-Nov-12 18:52:20

Apparently he said he was having it and gave it to his aide.

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 28-Nov-12 18:53:47

That would actually be a right kick in the teeth if they were having problems, wouldn't it? sad

JustFab I keep catching the same bit in the news everytime and haven't heard these bits.

soverylucky Wed 28-Nov-12 18:59:11

What a stupid and unfunny thing to do. They might be having trouble conceiving, she may have had a miscarriage or they might not want children. The upset this "gift" could potentially cause is not worth any little laugh she may have got or her face on the telly.

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 28-Nov-12 19:00:14

She looked too wrapped up in excitement to be thinking about that.

FrillyMilly Wed 28-Nov-12 19:02:09

Soverylucky do they really have a choice about whether or not they want children?

I'm with Pag - I don't like baby gifts before birth let alone before conceiving. There's something about it that puts real pressure on the couple. If someone gave me a babygro I'd be really put out.

CarlingBlackMabel Wed 28-Nov-12 19:05:57

Pag is right, and this sort of behaviour is EXACTLY the kind of thing that would cause a mass outbreak of foaming at the mouth if a MIL did it to one of us.

Beyond presumptious and irritatating, and not funny.

TwitchyTail Wed 28-Nov-12 19:09:34

What an utterly insensitive thing to do.

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 28-Nov-12 19:10:41

Apart from all the possibilities, imagine how embarassing that would be! shock

Icelollycraving Wed 28-Nov-12 19:13:30

Wonder if Kate would join mn (looks over shoulder)

Icelollycraving Wed 28-Nov-12 19:16:02

I'd like to imagine her starting a mil thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now