To wonder who else is up at 2.40am and why?

(80 Posts)
LargeLatte Wed 28-Nov-12 02:42:23

Staying up with ill ds2. It's gonna be a long night. Who wants some company?

sad couscous

I do not envy you. I have 3 months until I go back and i am already getting cold sweats at night thinking about it (especially when we have nights like this)
She's asleep on me, so I'm breaking all the rules, but hopefully I'll drift back off as she's like a little wriggly hot water bottle!!

Welovecouscous Wed 28-Nov-12 05:15:05

Glad to hear your dd is now asleep, probation. My DS is asleep too and now I'm just going to try to get an hour before having to wake up for work - boo sad

Yuck, can I join the club. Been awake with DD since 3.45. She's now asleep and I'm wide awake. OH has stormed off to get in the shower where he'll get cold when I flush the loo more peace apparently. Bloody babies (both of them)

Oooh, good luck to all those in labour. it gets worse you know

Welovecouscous Wed 28-Nov-12 05:05:34

Good to hear that Mums - I will be up a while if you feel like saying more. Or maybe you can get some sleep now. Un MN hugs to you.

MumsGoToReykjavik Wed 28-Nov-12 05:01:07

thanks everyone, just saying things out loud (in a typing sense) has helped me.

Welovecouscous Wed 28-Nov-12 04:54:26

Mums you deserve to be listened to and feeling very down is something a lot of us go through at some time in our lives. I did and I took ads very briefly which gave me a window to get things straight in my head and so really helped.

Welovecouscous Wed 28-Nov-12 04:52:38

I'm up with a poorly 16 month DS - he is susceptible to croup and woke up coughing badly, so have propped him up with some cushions to see if that helps him get back to sleep - fingers crossed! Not nice to see him suffering sad

Good luck Kali and mama smile

Waves to everyone else and all poorly dc.

MumsGoToReykjavik Wed 28-Nov-12 04:51:43

I don't think they will listen. I couldn't be more of a pathetic case if I tried. i don't know how or where the tears come from! I haven't got anyone, I want to speak to somebody but I havent got anybody to speak to. I am just being self pitying. wallowing in self pity.

AlienRefluxLooksLikeSnow Wed 28-Nov-12 04:51:01

Yeah, we all get times like that, but honestly, if it's every day, your life could be so much better, maybe just go see GP see what they think? you're not being soft or pathetic.

Thank god I'm only up with sick kids instead of in labour smile

Fantastic as it is grin

PlantsDieArid Wed 28-Nov-12 04:47:22

How absolutely exciting to be in labour, Mamapo, good luck and hope you get your last bits of work done before the fun starts!

MumsGoToReykjavik, seriously, your gp will listen to you. Mine listened to me when I couldn't stop crying and though I wasad and pathetic. Please go, nobody deserves to feel so bleak.

5dcs, poor you. Hope you get a bit of sleep, arguing is the pits.

MumsGoToReykjavik Wed 28-Nov-12 04:44:10

Oh goodness just ignore me, being a bit pathetic and self pitying tonight!

Best of luck to all these labouring women thanks

Good luck to those in labour. I'm up as I've got swollen lymph nodes and am in pain sad

MaMaPo Wed 28-Nov-12 04:37:10

Mumgoes - please talk to your Gp and consider calling a helpline. There is no need to feel like this every day and there are plenty of people out there to help you. You deserve it.

Kali - wow, good luck! How exciting!

I'm up with my first proper Braxton Hicks contraction (I think) - I'm 37 weeks pregnant, with pain all over my belly, and an urge to keep going to the loo. Hope it isn't the start of anything proper as I need to get up for work in 2 hours! At least tomorrow is my last day.

Keatsie

I spend most my time when awake at silly o'clock nattering and catching up with friends in the US .

CaliforniaLeaving Wed 28-Nov-12 04:35:54

Cool I'm up with labouring Mums. Good luck Kalidasa smooth labour vibes to you.
I'm in a different time zone, it's only 8.30pm Pacific time and I'm bored. No one on face book to amuse me tonight and Dh has the remote. He's watching Shrek, like I don't get enough kid stuff in the daytime.

MumsGo, that doesn't sound good you should go and see the Doctor.

MumsGoToReykjavik Wed 28-Nov-12 04:34:07

Thanks for answering me. I am being so pathetic. I can't stop crying. Nobody will listen to me, im just being soft.

5dcs hope dh comes back soon

Good luck Kaki

Oh no bumps we have avoided that so far. Though ds3 on his 2nd bout of chickenpox's in 5 weeks

KeatsiePie Wed 28-Nov-12 04:31:54

kali, I keep missing your updates. It's amazing to be online with someone across the world who's about to have a baby. So exciting! Great good luck.

/shuts up and goes to bed finally.

PlantsDieArid Wed 28-Nov-12 04:30:24

Mumsgo, that's horrible. Not dramatic, anxiety is a bugger. Have you seen your gp? Being sad and frightened is more common than you'd think and sometimes just saying it aloud gets the ball rolling and you can get lots of help and support.

The long dark days don't help. I live them, but then I've always been a gloomy sod!

Lots of anxious lovely people in Mental Health, you're not alone though you probably feel like it at this time.

KeatsiePie Wed 28-Nov-12 04:28:55

Oh MumsGo that is so hard. I think that once you are in a pattern like that it is really hard to get back out of. I hope you will try to see if you can talk to someone or at least do a little reading on it. (Not meaning to be pushy or b/c I think you sound around-the-bend or anything, just b/c I am really in favor of getting help b/c of how hard those cycles are to break.) Please don't tell yourself you should just get a grip, that will just feed the anxiety and you will make yourself feel bad about feeling bad. If you could get a grip you'd already have one, it's okay that you are struggling, we all do.

Okay really going to bed now!

JoandMax Wed 28-Nov-12 04:24:47

Good luck Kalidasa, how exciting!!!

I am up with DS2 as I am every night, he's 2.8 years old and doesn't sttn..... I'm knackered pure and simple shattered but I can't bring myself to do any sleep training as he cries, he was a poorly baby and cried so so much for so so long that I promised him I'd never let him cry again if I could help it. Some nights it gets me down though and I feel sad, I'll be fine after a strong cup of tea in the morning!!!

I hope you all get some sleep aoon

Indith Wed 28-Nov-12 04:23:24

I was awake then but still deluding myself that sleep may happen. The baby is poorly so we've left dh to it as has to be up at 5 for work and we are on the sofa watching family guy. He is shattered and fussing though.

kalidasa Wed 28-Nov-12 04:22:37

Yes, rang hospital who said we can go in when we want and then finally woke up DP.

MumsGoToReykjavik Wed 28-Nov-12 04:21:47

I don't know. I'm just so sad all the time, everything makes me want to cry and im just so anxious I can't function, every thing frightens me, silly things, a noisy jet flying over head makes my heart race and makes me panic that something bad is happening. I am just being a bit over dramatic I think. Need to get a bit of a grip and stop being so stupid smile Thanks for asking.

Loveweekends10 Wed 28-Nov-12 04:20:31

I'm up every night about this time. Wish I wasn't but that's my habit now. Sorry to all those with poorly kids. My dd 7 had norovirus two weeks ago. It's awful. But she bounced back quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now