To wonder who else is up at 2.40am and why?

(80 Posts)
LargeLatte Wed 28-Nov-12 02:42:23

Staying up with ill ds2. It's gonna be a long night. Who wants some company?

LargeLatte Wed 28-Nov-12 03:12:08

Ooh kalidasa how exciting. If he's anything like my dh he'll just grunt an acknowledgement and go back to sleep.

kalidasa Wed 28-Nov-12 03:12:53

Thanks missy. Yes, lost my mucus plug thing 10 days ago and have been having period pain/on-off contractions ever since, but they have pretty much stopped every night, rarely woken me up and never got properly regular. These are coming every 10 mins and feel a lot more serious. Fingers crossed it is the real thing! But after so long don't want to wake DP until I am really sure.

procrastinor Wed 28-Nov-12 03:13:51

At work. Just finished a busy bit and am waiting to be called again. Thank heavens for MN.

Cydonia Wed 28-Nov-12 03:16:31

I'm up feeding 6mo DS. I thought we were cracking this sleep thing but this is the 2nd feed of the night so far sad. Doesn't help that DP is snoring for England and generally shouting and throwing his arms around in his sleep. By the time I get back to sleep DS will be awake again. Actually want to strangle DP most nights, wish we had a spare room.

missymoomoomee Wed 28-Nov-12 03:17:21

Is this your first baby kalidasa ?

(I still vote for waking him up just out of spite grin )

kalidasa Wed 28-Nov-12 03:20:20

Yup first one! So likely to be a long haul I know. Has been a totally horrendous pregnancy from beginning to end so quite excited that it might finally be nearly over!

missymoomoomee Wed 28-Nov-12 03:24:37

When is your due date?

It might not be long, especially if you have had 10 days of mild contractions.

Do you know if you are having a boy or a girl?

Squiglettsmummy2bx Wed 28-Nov-12 03:27:23

Up feeding DS2 (10months) for what feels like the 10th time tonight but is really the 5th. Don't feel very well either, a bit queasy sad

Im awake because i had a massive argument with dh out of the blue which is really rare - we never really argue. He totally lost it fr no reason at all and now im just sitting in bed upset and i dont even know where he is sad.

kalidasa Wed 28-Nov-12 03:28:09

Due date is Friday (according to hospital - bit later according to me). It's a little boy!

Sorry about your insomnia. I've had it in the past and DP struggles with his sleep. It's horrible.

kalidasa Wed 28-Nov-12 03:31:26

Contractions getting a bit closer together I think. Perhaps I'll wake DP at 4 if they're still intensifying.

LargeLatte Wed 28-Nov-12 03:32:53

5dcs - is it out of character for him to be out so late?

missymoomoomee Wed 28-Nov-12 03:34:38

5dcs are you ok? When you say he lost it do you mean shouting at you?

Sounds like this could be it kalidasa this time tomorrow you could very well be a Mum grin

I'm feeling broody now. I hated pregnancy but now I know I'm not having more children I miss it <weirdo>

KeatsiePie Wed 28-Nov-12 03:40:37

5dcs I'm sorry, what a crappy night.

Also sympathies to those with sick dcs and anti-sleep babies!

I'm up b/c it's earlier in the US. And, er, I am procrastinating.

LargeLatte Wed 28-Nov-12 03:48:26

Feel free to pop over to children's health to help me figure out what's up with DS. Didn't post here as symptoms bit grim so you have been warned.

GilmoursPillow Wed 28-Nov-12 03:48:48

I'm up because it's nearly 8am.

5dcs I hope everything's settled down and your DH is back.

Tutti Wed 28-Nov-12 03:50:24

insomnia

tis rubbish

kalidasa Wed 28-Nov-12 03:51:08

Oof, last few were big and quite close together.

BumgrapesofWrath Wed 28-Nov-12 03:51:22

I'm up because I seem to have the winter vomiting bug... It's dreadful

Thanks i posted about the arguement in relationships, he is downstairs i think but i have no intention of going to look. I know i should go back to sleep, bloody school run is a nightmare from this house with all the dcs and i have to go three times tomorrow since dd(3) nursery finises at lunch.

Good luck kalidasa!

missymoomoomee Wed 28-Nov-12 03:54:30

kalidasa have you called the hospital yet? Sounds like you are well on your way into labour now. Have you woken DP up yet?

kalidasa Wed 28-Nov-12 03:58:10

Reckon they are more like 7 minutes now. Can't remember when you are meant to go in - at 5 mins? Will call hospital now and ask.

MumsGoToReykjavik Wed 28-Nov-12 04:09:13

I'm up. I think I have just accepted tonight that I need some help to stop crying every day

MumsGoToReykjavik Wed 28-Nov-12 04:11:12

Sorry. I didn't read the whole thing. Best of luck to kali smile

KeatsiePie Wed 28-Nov-12 04:15:03

MumsGo, I am about to go to bed but wanted to say I'm sorry you've been feeling like that. I hope you can get started on finding some help in a few hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now