AIBU to think that Heston Blumenwhatsit is having a terrible influence on the kids!!

(59 Posts)
SallyBeth Tue 27-Nov-12 21:14:41

I'm just watching Heston on channel 4, where he is designing a sweet shop. As part of this, he went into a school, and had a big conversation with the kids about how lovely sweets and chocolate are, and then got them to design their perfect sweet. AIBU to think that this was a terrible idea? If my DC were in that class, and came home talking all about how great sweets were, and how they wanted chocolate and sweets, I would be fuming! Surely this is a pretty irresponsible thing to bring into the classroom?!

ripsishere Thu 28-Feb-13 07:09:27

Either, neither Mrs S. Although they can't hold a candle to my loverly Ade.

fluffyraggies Thu 28-Feb-13 07:12:35

3 month old thread

lottie63 Thu 28-Feb-13 07:17:40

Pootlebug - the voice of reason! Hurrah for some sugar sense

Sailormercury Thu 28-Feb-13 07:32:29

O noes refined sugar!

AmberLeaf Thu 28-Feb-13 08:21:33

fluffyraggies this thread was revived because the OP had a very long thread about turning up for work drunk, which was all a 'joke' apparently.

It was odd that she felt rolling up to work pissed was ok, but was having a hissy fit over HBs sweets!

I love HB btw. As do my children.

pigletmania Thu 28-Feb-13 08:34:25

He's great brings out the inner kid

mrsjay Thu 28-Feb-13 08:47:43

yabu it was sweeties not crack sweets are nice children like sweets and im sure if those children had never had sweets they would have looked at him blankly and not responded, as I said sweeties are not crack confused

ripsishere Fri 01-Mar-13 00:21:18

<ah> nods.

ComposHat Fri 01-Mar-13 02:57:29

Encouraging kids to eat sweets is like encouraging a dog to sniff other dog's bollocks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now