Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To feel just a little bit sad that DD isn't Mary in her Nativity Play

(353 Posts)
Bearwantsmore Tue 27-Nov-12 18:51:13

... I know, I know! But if you can't admit it on Mumsnet, where can you?!

GooseyLoosey Mon 03-Dec-12 11:50:35

Imagine my joy at dd's last nativity to discover that she had been cast as Mary. I was so happy - none of my family have ever starred in anything.

My joy turned to dust however when I discovered that this was an alternative nativity told from the perspective of the animals and Mary was a bit part. The star was the donkey!!!

gloomywinters2 Mon 03-Dec-12 18:39:56

ha ha i was mary joseph was ginger and me being mixedrace great conbination wonder what baby jesus looked like grin been an angel too.

Bumblequeen Mon 03-Dec-12 19:27:31

Dd was Mary last Christmas at pre school. I was pleased and she had no stage fright. She looked out at us with a "Look at me" face.smile

This year she has a smaller yet still significant role.

Most children will be excited they have a role. It is important not to show them their role is less prestigious than their peers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now