Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think on mn im allowed too

(47 Posts)
MrsBucketxx Mon 26-Nov-12 09:12:02

dislike someone, cleb, member, whoever.

dislike a type of person or group eg rasists bigotts

have an opionion whether you like it ir not, i may not agree with you,

seems like tgere us a lot of hand holding and singing kum by yah atm.

its doing my nut in.

MorrisZapp Mon 26-Nov-12 10:03:04

Somebody called you disgusting, a bitch, and scum.

So you start a thread about the nicey nicey brigade?

Now I'm really lost. With respect op, why bother starting a thread if all you have to say are shrouded, sideways remarks?

This just looks like fb-style attention seeking.

Fenton Mon 26-Nov-12 10:01:39

Actually MrsBucket, - I've just looked at the Rhianna thread (was that the one?) and no-one has had a pop at you about your comment, - other posters have said a lot worse which I think is being criticised there.

confused

Pagwatch Mon 26-Nov-12 10:00:26

confused i am honestly trying to understand Mrsbucket, but your complaints seem to basically to be that you don't like people arguing with you.

You can post that x celebrity is fat and ugly but people absoloutely can post 'no he/she isn't and I bet you are no oil painting yourself love' or whatever. It's a chat board. It's not an agree board. You might prefer twitter.

IAmSoFuckingRock Mon 26-Nov-12 09:59:13

if you think it's ok to call other people horrible things then you dont get to be all offended when someone does it to you.

Fenton Mon 26-Nov-12 09:56:16

I think that posters do get away with a lot with regards to insults about celebrities

<poor Peter Andre sad>

but there's always a line for some people, - and if someone thinks you've crossed it then they are likely to tell you.

MadBusLady Mon 26-Nov-12 09:54:48

If it's doing your nut in, don't post. The internet isn't worth it.

MrsBucketxx Mon 26-Nov-12 09:54:12

if i say a cleb is fat, ugly,

thats also awfull apparently.

Its right at the end ofthe hair dye thread morris

Fenton Mon 26-Nov-12 09:53:00

MrsBucketxx I saw the insults the other poster made, I thought they were a bit OTT but that thread in itself was causing some upset because if it was a troll it was an unkind piss-take, and if it was a real person posters were being pretty horrible to the OP.

But you reported right? - Leave it for MN to deal with - it was late on a Sunday they may not have got to it yet.

Starting a thread about it is a bit unnecessary.

MorrisZapp Mon 26-Nov-12 09:51:08

Nope. Still no idea.

IAmSoFuckingRock Mon 26-Nov-12 09:50:33

mrsB you reported that comment. let MNHQ deal with it. this thread is really childish.

Pagwatch Mon 26-Nov-12 09:49:50

Just say what you want to and if you feel you are offended by the replies you get then report them.

There is no 'allowed' on mn outside the posting rules. There is no 'pc'

Mn is the posting membership. Just post what you think and report replies you feel offended by. It's not difficult.

But tbh if lots of people are posting rude things to you it is worth contemplating whether you are possibly being an arse. Just in case.

Trills Mon 26-Nov-12 09:49:31

If you never censored what you say, that would be odd.

prudencesmom Mon 26-Nov-12 09:48:49

MrsB sometimes you will get all manner of shit thrown at you on here, dont take it to heartgrin
On the other hand there are some really, really lovely posters on MN who go out of there way to help other posters.
Basically you will experience heaven and hell on here wink
All to do with timing, what thead/topic you are on.......

MrsBucketxx Mon 26-Nov-12 09:47:19

i dont censor my rl conversation, any differently to on here.

would be odd if i did.

Sparklingbrook Mon 26-Nov-12 09:45:27

^^ What Morris said. None of this makes sense to me and I feel it's because I haven't read other threads.

I think you have to be very 'pc' on Mn at all times.

I don't know if this is a thread about a thread or which thread but there's a few that come to mind recently where I think that real life conversation wouldn't gotten different responses to the ones on here.

MorrisZapp Mon 26-Nov-12 09:44:31

This must be a thread about a thread. Maybe stop talking in riddles op, and tell us exactly what your issue is.

prudencesmom Mon 26-Nov-12 09:42:42

Well some of the bullying I have seen is done quite subtley IYSWIM.
I did report any I have seen.

MrsBucketxx Mon 26-Nov-12 09:42:28

being called scum is not however.

MrsB, if you say you don't want your children near a certain person, I think its a perfectly fair comment for someone to say they don't want their children around you.
And if that is all this is about, I think you are being a tad melodramatic.

MrsBucketxx Mon 26-Nov-12 09:38:19

i dont mind a disagreement at all.

having names thrown, for non offensive comments. is low really.

Sparklingbrook Mon 26-Nov-12 09:37:51

And report anything you find offensive.

Haven't seen any arselicking TBH, if bullying is suspected then report.

prudencesmom Mon 26-Nov-12 09:36:09

YANBU. You are always going to get various answers to your posts on here, some good, some bad, some nice, some nasty.
Everyone is differentgrin
But I cannot stand the arselicking and bullying I see on hereshock

SantasComingFace Mon 26-Nov-12 09:34:48

Wait a min, I've been away all weekend near enough.

Was the hair dye thread real hmm

OP, you can say what you like, others will disagree but that doesn't mean you aren't allowed to say it. They are just doing what you are, having an opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now