Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think that A Health Care worker should not re-use a rubber glove from the bin

(105 Posts)
NotQuintAtAllOhNo Sun 25-Nov-12 21:37:12

and use on a new patient?

Even if she did not put it on her hand, but added it to the dressing to keep it all moist?

Or am I precious?

Considering whether to call the Practice Manager tomorrow or not.

Solo Thu 29-Nov-12 23:03:15

How long did the banana skin take? I have heard this, but didn't try it but am logging it in my brain for the future and is it pith to skin or skin to skin?

Whatdoiknowanyway Fri 30-Nov-12 08:14:54

It did take a few weeks but her feet were in a terrible state and no over the counter remedy had worked. The doctor had suggested freezing but it would have been too painful to get them all done at once. We tried one and that was bad enough. Also, she was very into sport and could not have coped with limited use of her feet while they healed.
What we did was pith to skin, every night whist she was in bed. I was doubtful initially but it worked.

Solo Fri 30-Nov-12 09:56:16

Hmmm..that's interesting. The duct tape thing took around 3 weeks and I rarely left her with a tape free day. Will definitely remember the banana skin thing though. I'm most impressed that it was just over night and not 24/7. Thank you!

Whatdoiknowanyway Fri 30-Nov-12 11:04:32

24/7 would have been better but she refused to walk around on squelchy banana skins all day!

Solo Sat 01-Dec-12 00:44:04

I can understand why! my Dd did a lot of objecting (she's 5), but after about a week, she gave in and let me put it on, even to the point of asking me to do it when I forgot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now