to call my DH baby?

(59 Posts)
charlmarascoxo Fri 23-Nov-12 12:55:12

I've always called him baby, from about the third week of knowing him.

My friend told me that whenever I call him that it makes her absolutely cringe. She's really not the type to use pet names very often, so I don't mind her saying this but -

AIBU to not think I'm the only one to love calling my OH baby or is it rather cringe?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PetFox Fri 23-Nov-12 15:39:47

You think baby is cringe-worthy? My DH calls me "pretty princess pants" on a regular basis... I like it, but I imagine if someone overheard it they would want to cut their own ears off.

Sallster Fri 23-Nov-12 15:42:41

Babe, baby, babes, bubba, bubs, bubsy, doll, darl, hun, all of the above! Sometime I forget his real name!

TruthSweet Fri 23-Nov-12 15:46:08

I call DH 'Boo' and he calls me 'Lass' but I don't call him Boo out blush

TruthSweet Fri 23-Nov-12 15:46:35

Oh and he also call me 'Bug' due to my initials.

charlieandthechocolatecake Fri 23-Nov-12 16:19:36

I call my OH baby!

He calls me tits...

HecatePropylaea Fri 23-Nov-12 16:26:25

call each other whatever you want, but cutsie nicknames are for in private only grin

Apart from anything else, your mates will take the piss forever if they overhear that he is Snugglywugglybum and you are Honeybunny.

Keep it private, folks grin and we'll all keep our lunches wink

SackGirl Fri 23-Nov-12 17:15:21

CRINGE I don't know why but baby makes me cringe, yet 'babe' is totally fine - who knows what wires up my brain to those default settings!

Pochemuchka Fri 23-Nov-12 17:21:24

YABU

It is cringey.
My DBrother's ex GF used to call him 'babes' practically at the end of every sentence and that was excruciating. It doesn't suit him at all and made her sound like an extra from TOWIE.
Thankfully she's now ex GF.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now