Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

the BBC isn't it time we just got shot of it?

(427 Posts)
southeastastra Thu 22-Nov-12 22:51:42

it's very middle class blue peter biased in my view

not to mention the cover ups of late

i know that the majority wouldn't agree but a subscription service for radio 4 etc would ensure that's continuity

Bunbaker Wed 28-Nov-12 11:40:37

I agree there is no need to be rude. What people like to watch is a matter of personal taste. I watch a lot of BBC programmes because I like them - police crime drama (especially those dark Scandinavian ones), period drama, cookery shows, comedy - HIGNFY and QI, documentaries, nature programmes (which I think the BBC excel at) plus several others, and DD loves CBBC.

We don't have Sky and don't want it. I hate reality TV, soaps and sport, but don't complain about them because I know where the off button is, besides there is more to life than watching TV.

I do watch commercial channels as well, but usually record them so I can fast forward through the adverts.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Wed 28-Nov-12 16:12:15

UABVU.
I love the BBC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now