To be the only one still suspicious about this whole affair?

(51 Posts)
Tweasels Wed 21-Nov-12 23:08:40

Has everyone gone soft?

What happened to the unnecessary threats of genital beatings?

Everyone has started Pom Pom waving in response to netmums style posts and talking about chocolate fingers.

Can we get a bit back to normal now?

lisad123 Thu 22-Nov-12 02:29:52

Can't believe I missed it!! So mad at myself for falling asleep

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Thu 22-Nov-12 02:36:14

Nothing happened. Poster 2 did her best to contact poster 1 but got no joy, so arranged her own event, taking her contribution with her. Then everything went poof!

garlicbaguette Thu 22-Nov-12 02:42:34

I am mystified. I'd just like to plead that my pelvic floor can't take any genital beatings. Or bouncing on inflatable cocks, for that matter. Or laffing. So don't make me laff <looks stern>

lol
i couldn't sleep so thought i would log on for an update smile

all seemed a bit strange to me

[walks away whistling]

Badgersnatch Thu 22-Nov-12 08:51:08

I knew the bouncy castle would go pfffft as soon as I went out. So what happened? Anyone been banned?

5madthings Thu 22-Nov-12 09:09:00

can i ask why it went 'poof' i mean if they werent trolls etc?

PenguinBear Thu 22-Nov-12 18:14:29

Would love a pm to know what happened if it can't be discussed on here!

Onetwothreeoops Thu 22-Nov-12 18:24:41

Have they all gone poof now? I don't suppose we will ever know if it was because it was about personal issues or because of another reason then <sigh>

LtEveDallas Thu 22-Nov-12 18:31:35

sad

I was enjoying that (apart from when I got kicked in the fanjo for being grumpy)

MainlyMaynie Thu 22-Nov-12 18:40:57

So was it deleted for trollery? I was quite convinced!

Ha! This is where you all have disappeared to, been vusy in RL and tis all gonesad

HecatePropylaea Thu 22-Nov-12 18:42:27

It's just a bit of fun. People seem to be enjoying it.

tbh, I don't even think it matters if it's real or not. It was harmless entertainment grin

Of course you're right hecate but I'm a nosy old bag and need to know if it was for real or not!

DeWe Thu 22-Nov-12 19:04:16

It was the "I got 14 yes replies immediately" that lost all touch with reality. Consider the number of posts that say "I handed out 30 invites 3 weeks ago and only have 1 reply". I think in 3 dc's parties over the years I have only had 1-2 people say straight away that they can come.

But Hectate, I think it did matter. I think Coffee has posted quite a bit, not generally controversially, so we can assume she is real. Therefore she could be really upset by someone pretending to be the opposite and getting everyone suddenly going "oh isn't Coffee being nasty". I doubt she enjoyed it .sad

And actually even if it was genuinely the same party, the posters had probably posted showing themselves in the better light. There was probably an even ground where they were both to blame in some ways and people taking sides was unpleasant.

Fuck.

What happened???

picnicbasketcase Thu 22-Nov-12 19:21:53

I believed the first one but got rather hmm at the subsequent ones so didn't post anything. No idea what was true and what wasn't, which may well have been the whole point.

HecatePropylaea Thu 22-Nov-12 19:23:34

Oh, has she? My mistake. I didn't realise she was someone who had posted generally. tbh, I had begun to believe the whole thing was the same person.

Yes, if she's a genuine poster it's different.

Tweasels Thu 22-Nov-12 19:36:14

My ishoo last night was that suddenly party stealer woman was hailed as some kind of mumsnet hero. No one pulled her up on her casual use of the word "hubby" which is unheard of on here. The pedants were nowhere to be seen. Even after further attention seeking threads started, no one questioned that it was all a bit odd.

Next thing people are helping her decide what she should have for the buffet.

Fickle, that's all I'm saying <whistles innocently>>

Clumsyoaf Thu 22-Nov-12 20:04:10

Can I just say, everyone is bit like hmmm really about 14 confirmations this morning? I basically said other party to complicated are you able to come yes no... No one really said much there was a kind of ummm well u know we ave this party later etc its only when a couple of ladies I know a bit better came along and said oh yes lovely.. Did I start getting a response.

It was mighty awkward.

Anyway two glasses of wine down, happy thanksgiving y'all!

Clumsyoaf Thu 22-Nov-12 20:04:43

And I was pulled up on hubby and lol

cheesesarnie Thu 22-Nov-12 20:08:27

what have i missed?

stop talking in code!

ItsNovemberFFS Thu 22-Nov-12 22:39:43

Is this still going on? V odd...

I did see CO pulled up on hubby and lol
And I can see why people would agree on the spot - they already know their plans for the day grin
Apart from that... <staying out of it>

Oh and there's another one now, the wedding dress one and another thread where someone is saying they're the person who asked to borrow it

It's crap though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now