To think that not everybody has

(29 Posts)
E320 Wed 21-Nov-12 15:36:17

a mobile telephone and that because I am changing locations, and therefore also mobile providers, it is reasonable to expect people to ring me at my home number (landline) and either speak to me in person or leave a message?
Surely nothing is that important or urgent that a couple of hours' delay is going to make a huge difference (in the context of new freelance contract/job opportunity)???

RooneyMara Wed 21-Nov-12 17:26:02

Btw I rarely, rarely get any calls on it...and if I do they are for some bloke called Joseph who used to have the same number.

MulledWineOnTheBusLady Wed 21-Nov-12 17:26:33

I have the opposite problem. Compulsory landline boxes on forms. Wot's one of them? Does it involve tin cans and string?

FredFredGeorge Wed 21-Nov-12 17:28:52

YABU, people can use any non-discriminatory reason they want for deciding not to give you your business, lack of a mobile phone is as good as any.

TerrorNotSoFrightened Wed 21-Nov-12 17:29:58

Having had one constantly since I was 19 (now 32) I have been without one for the last 4 or 5 months. It has been bliss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now