Pretty sure IABU and childish to boot....

(30 Posts)
Mummyof3tobe Sat 17-Nov-12 20:07:31

I'm 37 weeks pg. I planned and prepared a lovely meal for DH and 2DCs this eve. Somehow in the course of making it DH and I got I into a big row (me tired, him watching rugby all afternoon). I worked myself into a hormonal teary frenzy and stomped off to bed telling DH to eat lovely meal I'd prepared with the kids as whole plan was spoilt for me now.

AND SO HE DID!

While I sobbed and blubbed into my pillow upstairs. Starving hungry. I know I'm behaving worse than my pre-schooler, but can't seem to stop myself.

Feeling miserable and unloved. And did I mention hungry?

TempusFuckit Sat 17-Nov-12 22:00:56

I think I might feel better if I broke something. But I'd need to make sure it was something of DH's grin.

Mummyof3tobe Sun 18-Nov-12 19:33:25

Update:

DH did what every sensible man of a heavily pregnant wife should do and apologised to me, despite arguably being the one less in the wrong (but let's not tell him that).

He's now in the kitchen cooking ME dinner this evening. Now I just have to smile sweetly and eat it without criticising (cooking isn't one of his strengths)....

Badgersnatch Sun 18-Nov-12 19:39:53

I sat on a wet mop and cried for half an hour when I was pregnant with DS1. When I went (11 frigging days) overdue with DS2 I cried every morning. We DH hadn't acquiesced hadn't agreed on a name and DH kept coming up with suggestions and I would bawl and shriek and tell him he was a lunatic and he should just fuck right off to work! Ah those were the days ...

... he practically sprinted to the vasectomy clinic grin

TempusFuckit Sun 18-Nov-12 19:55:22

Glad to hear it mummy grin.

All toothbrushes have remained in situ here today wink. I did eye up the slow cooker though when he sneaked out of the room as my back was turned halfway through my particularly dull monologue about replacement toy wheels.

Pourquoimoi Sun 18-Nov-12 23:33:00

Oh good mummy, he clearly knows how to be sensible!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now