Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

DH won't let me ho back to school. bastard.

(30 Posts)
TaggieCampbellBlack Sat 17-Nov-12 17:53:38

I'm pondering the idea of a masters.

DH has reminded me that last time I went back to school I made him promise me he'd shoot me if I ever considered it again. I also think he might leave me if I did put him through just how horrible it was. It was That Bad.

It was Horrible.

I do remember how horrible it was. It was truly horrible.

But.........

As is my bent, 2 years along the line and I'm a bit bored.

So. He is not being U at all. Really. But I do think I need a little something

Sallyingforth Sat 17-Nov-12 19:45:30

Education is wonderful for its own sake and we should never stop learning.

But in your particular case I would go with the OU suggestion.

Onetwothreeoops Sat 17-Nov-12 19:45:58

Taggie I think you've found the answer. Smaller steps but keeping the phd as the goal.

TaggieCampbellBlack Sat 17-Nov-12 19:47:44

Couldn't afford to do full time again.
Will plot and plan.

GobblersSparklyExplodingKnob Sat 17-Nov-12 19:56:20

Ha, no I am no where near. Just something arts related, but it is massively full on and the work is endless.

On the plus side we finish at the beginning of May until October, I am planning to sleep the entire time grin

redexpat Sat 17-Nov-12 21:12:16

Does Open University have something suitable for you? Not as expensive, not as many deadlines, very parttime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now