Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To imagine what you all look like?

(534 Posts)

There are some posters who I have very clear images of in my head. They are probably bollocks! Formed partly from user names and partly from 'voices'.

For example, LRD is, in my head, very tall. She has a pixi hair cut and wears slim, tailored clothes.

Hecate wears a lot of black. She is only ever in the kitchen, from where she dispenses wise words and rules the world.

MrsTerryPratchett is a brunette.

As you were blush

Alis* - I'm good at this game!! smile

You would be able to pull up the pole if you went to a few lessons and worked up to it. I have been poling for 3 years and have a pole at home as well as having 2 lessons in a studio a week...I love love love it, nothing comes close sport wise for me.

I am 5ft 6 too and I love my heels.......smile

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 19-Nov-12 12:17:39

Betty: close! I have dark hair,but it's really long. I think I'm tall, 5'6,but that's probably because I'm the only woman in my family over 5'2! I am quite slim and avoid heels whenever I can! Only work/nights out. You are better at this game than me! smile

I can barely pull myself up the pole (I tried once). Friend who fell on her head has a pole in her bedroom,has been doing it for years and there have been no injuries since she went to actual lessons! It's definitely not easy to just "get on and go"!

Betty: I wish! grin I'd love auburn hair, it doesn't like to dye that colour though sad
That photo of you upside down is amazing!

Yes, I am upside down but it has taken a lot of practice..you cant just go up and hope for the best :D

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 19-Nov-12 11:43:39

Also...is that you upside down? You must be so fit!

My friend tried to do that once,got upside down and then fell on her head!

Alis- thank you, I like to try and glam up but it doesn't always work.

I think you have short dark hair, tall, slim and wear sensible shoes hmm. You are a good friend, loyal and great fun on a night out.

Confused - you are very petite with auburn hair and like wearing green!! Very dainty as well smile

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 19-Nov-12 11:41:44

Betty oooh you're very glamorous in your photo! smile

I am rubbish at this game!

Some of these are very funny, cherub with a cute giggle (I don't remember who it was meant to describe but it is good for an MNetter!)

I see most MNetters are quite quirky in my head, something distinctive that marks them as MN. I was shocked by how normal they all were at the first meet up grin

Someone do me please?? The descriptions I got on the last one of these threads were brilliant grin

Alis - no but that sounds far more interesting than I really am! Have put a profile pic up so you can see how far out you were smile

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 19-Nov-12 11:27:39

strawhat oooh I like that description. I do have v long dark hair,sadly it is best described as "wavy". I have been partial to a toga in the past (uni fancy dress).

I imagine you as being quite petite with blond hair.

LivingInAPinkBauble Mon 19-Nov-12 11:25:28

Betty the image that popped into my head was Betty Boop!

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 19-Nov-12 11:24:52

betty I imagine you have short bobbed black hair,full fringe and glasses. Clara Bow with glasses if you will.

No idea why.

Hey, anyone any preconceived ideas of me me me?? :D

SamuelWestsMistress Mon 19-Nov-12 11:10:46

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes, well I do have a lot of shoes...

Sargesaweyes Mon 19-Nov-12 00:00:36

sausage eyes grin. Thankfully I don't think I match that description step. Now I have an image of sizzling pink skin like a Richmond.

stuffitunderthebed Sun 18-Nov-12 23:10:08

Oh! Somebody already 'done' you. Really must read whole of thread before diving in blush

mmmmm well red lippy ok, but not the rest sorry ..... see above grin

stuffitunderthebed Sun 18-Nov-12 22:56:35

sargesaweyes thanks for trying! stepawayfrom bless you for having a go, I'm buzzing that anybody bothered, thank you! My hair is black. The rest? Thanks for trying grin. Now, I'll do you, as it were. You are blonde, its short and curly. A voluptuous size 12 and you like to wear very red lipstick. How did I do?

stuffit short black bobbed hair, like the colour red, favourite dress was midnight blue velvet and a bit clingy.

sargesaweyes I saw your name as sausage eyes so that threw me a bit as i saw you as a bit chunky with blonde streaky hair and a tight pink dress blush sorry

Sargesaweyes Sun 18-Nov-12 22:14:16

I'm also crap at guessing. I seem to just get a literal picture of the username. For instance stuffunderthebed makes me think of all the shit under my bed. I do always imagine mumsnetters to be kind, well dressed and successful in whatever they do though.

stuffitunderthebed Sun 18-Nov-12 22:09:29

I know I'm shite and have already said that apart from envisaging anyfucker with a sleek black bob, I can't imagine anybody; anybody at all in any shape or form. All that aside, anybody care to take a stab at guessing me? (V cheeky, but would love to know how I'm perceived!)

Sargesaweyes Sun 18-Nov-12 22:09:07

If you find time can you do me? I have pics on profile so no peeking.

Flumpyflumps Sun 18-Nov-12 22:04:49

Step its like you have a gift!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now