To imagine what you all look like?

(534 Posts)

There are some posters who I have very clear images of in my head. They are probably bollocks! Formed partly from user names and partly from 'voices'.

For example, LRD is, in my head, very tall. She has a pixi hair cut and wears slim, tailored clothes.

Hecate wears a lot of black. She is only ever in the kitchen, from where she dispenses wise words and rules the world.

MrsTerryPratchett is a brunette.

As you were blush

mrskeithrichards Sat 17-Nov-12 09:40:54

I think a lot of people look very Boden and polished and live in big houses with lots of bathrooms in a kind of cosy chaos!

Would anyone else care to do me? grin

Onetwothreeoops Sat 17-Nov-12 09:55:20

RudolphUcker under her usual guise (hoping I have the right person) must be tall with short hair and a no-nonsense attitude.

SPsFanjo I imagine as an over enthusiastic drama teacher with a very short fringe.

ErrorError Sat 17-Nov-12 10:10:23

Haven't read other posts yet so not to influence my imagination:

I've often imagined WorraLiberty to be a busty matriarch who is often rational but firm. Possibly looking a bit like Hattie Jacques

ScottishMummy has a sharp tongue and an evil laugh, I picture a more attractive Gillian McKeith but with black hair

Hecate I think is a homely kitchen dweller, always baking something and possibly a bit 'farmer's wifey'

catgirl has a lot of cats and dresses young for her age, jeans and funky tops maybe!

kim147 Sat 17-Nov-12 10:16:12

Am I the only person who looks through this thread to see if they've been mentioned smile

<needy and self conscious>

ErrorError Sat 17-Nov-12 10:20:45

lol kim! Me too a teeny bit (but I've only been on forums a few months so perhaps not that well known to create a full image!) My name doesn't give much away though, but I know 2 people called Kim, so I'd picture either of them reading your name!

Lavenderhoney Sat 17-Nov-12 10:27:09

And me? smile

Everlong Sat 17-Nov-12 10:27:13

On another thread like this someone said they saw Mo Harris from EE when they saw my name. grin

ErrorError Sat 17-Nov-12 10:27:31

LeQueen I imagine to be a very sophisticated black lady who dresses in Boden and Chanel! (Partly because I can't help but think 'queen latifa' when I read her name, but also 'queen' suggests poshness, haha!)

GhostShip Sat 17-Nov-12 10:32:23

This is ace!

What about me?

I think worra and a couple of others have seen me

lavender I imagine you to be elfin, small in height but with some gentle authority about you

Strawhatpirate Sat 17-Nov-12 10:32:46

I think lavender honey wears long swishy skirts and has curly blond shoulder length hair, drinks lots of herbal tea and wears scarves.
ErrorError I think is more jeans and converse, maybe likes quirky things? Has glasses and a cool dark choppy bob.

GhostShip Sat 17-Nov-12 10:35:44

I agree Strawhat! She has a fabulous homey kitchen, with herbs and stuff.

Strawhatpirate Sat 17-Nov-12 10:36:01

I think scooseontheloose is very fasionable, always has good shoes and very smiley.

Onetwothreeoops Sat 17-Nov-12 10:36:28

I don't picture anything with ErrorError just hear a computer voice saying "error error" over and over

Strawhatpirate Sat 17-Nov-12 10:37:13

Would someone do me please?

ErrorError Sat 17-Nov-12 10:37:36

very very very close! I do wear converse, but with cargo pants or corduroys (only have one pair of jeans!) I have very long dark brown hair and a couple of facial piercings. Someone once said I looked like a shorter, funkier looking Sandra Bullock but with bigger boobs and a less square jaw!

I don't wear glasses but I do LOVE quirky things!!!

GhostShip Sat 17-Nov-12 10:38:21

Strawhat - I imagine you to dress in black, fashionably so. A sharp bob haircut in black too, high cheekbones and dainty feet!

ErrorError Sat 17-Nov-12 10:39:58

Onetwo made me laugh!!! That's partly why I chose my username actually, it's something my sis used to say in a panic when a small misfortune occurred. (e.g. dropped lipstick on new duvet "Agh! Error! Error!")

antoinette, I like I love you.

Or I thought so once I stopped guffawing inelegantly.

I do have a pixie cut. I am 5'5, and wear clothes that cover the bulges mostly.

But I am well flattered. grin And binfull I wanna be the character from Brave!

I have strong images of a few posters - I think dreamingbohemian is a brunette with long curly hair and swishy skirts, who walks around with piles of erudite books. And mardybra is a redhead with high cheekbones who is a little bit scary.

I always imagine sillybeardydaddyman as a middle-aged man in a work suit, looking very busy but slightly stressed because his toddler doesn't quite get that he's got to go out to work. He has an old-fasioned briefcase and looks a bit like David Brent.

proudandscary wears a witch's hat in my head. I don't know why - did she have a halloween name with it?

I know perfectly well what stewiegriffinsmom looks like but still see the cartoon character.

Strawhatpirate Sat 17-Nov-12 10:46:21

That's what I wished I look like Ghostship grin

I always think of everlong as quite small and petite with bob length dark hair.

ghostship tall, slim and long blond hair

WorraLiberty Sat 17-Nov-12 10:54:03

I'm loving this thread! grin

I'd love to be busty like Hattie Jaques and talk like Lily Savage!

Sadly I'm quite small of boobage and I talk like Linda whatserface from Birds of a Feather blush

Thanks straw grin

Strawhatpirate Sat 17-Nov-12 11:12:35

I imagine SGB to look like Pam from Trueblood.

GhostShip Sat 17-Nov-12 11:15:43

I wish I was moomins ha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now