Am annoyed at dh for getting in at 4.20Ame

(34 Posts)
Petershadow Sat 17-Nov-12 06:44:17

he had a big boys lunch yesterday. So started at midday. Also a big night on Thursday.
We have friends coming to stay today, his best friend, he's to be no help at all. I need to go shopping, they'll be here by 10.
We are all going out tonight, he's going to be tired and grumpy, I don't get out that often

He is always tired, we've talked about burning the candle at both ends
He also knows that DS has been really trying, massive tantrums and knows that I am very upset about it and could do with some help, support and back up.

He sent me a message on his way home, saying sorry
But he's done this a fair few times now

grobagsforever Sat 17-Nov-12 17:50:17

Ha, no worries grim. OP why did you let him get away with sleeping in? You do need to have serious words. Is he a good husband in other ways?

Knowsabitabouteducation Sat 17-Nov-12 17:56:58

How many times a year, or in a five year period, does he do this kind of thing?

Personally, I think it is quite normal for very decent men to "lose track of time" on this scale maybe once or twice a year. It's hard-wired into their DNA. You have to accept it as one of their flaws and hope they accept your flaws too.

This is not the same as someone staying out till all hour on a very frequent basis (eg weekly/fortnightly).

StuntGirl Sat 17-Nov-12 18:00:42

No it is not "hard wired into their DNA" hmm

TheCountessOlenska Sat 17-Nov-12 18:13:16

God, don't do the guest preparation - he can do that surely. If it doesn't get done, explain to your friends that he was too hungover! That's what I'd do.

Euphemia Sat 17-Nov-12 18:14:18

You have to accept it as one of their flaws

Guff

GrimAndHumourless Sat 17-Nov-12 19:22:07

guffaw at selfish behaviour being hardwired into men

nah love selfish git more like

Petershadow Tue 20-Nov-12 22:07:44

So
We went out together on sat night. Bed at 2am
Sunday, stayed in, bed 11ish
Last night we went to the movies together

Today he has had a client lunch that once again turned into a dinner
he's out tomorrow with a friend
And we have a party to go to on Friday

I am never going to let him tell me he is tired

AnyFucker Tue 20-Nov-12 22:12:04

But nothing changes ?

He can still do all these things, he just has to be an adult and deal with the consequences. no moaning, no stroppiness, parents and works just like normal. I cannot understand why some people don't understand their priorities have to change when they become parents. I would love to go out on the martinis every Friday night. I can't because DD is up at 6.30am really before 6am but I can't face the truth and I have to parent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now