to think that Clarks Village in somerset have a bloody cheek signposting from the M5 when they are effing miles away from the junction.

(24 Posts)
ColdHandLou Sat 17-Nov-12 21:07:35

grin at last train . . .

Tempus i'd meet you at the station...

<<gets anorak and joins Tempus on saddo bench>>

TempusFuckit Sat 17-Nov-12 17:39:13

If it was Clarksville, you could have taken the last train there and avoided the M5 altogether.

<gets coat>

I think 'Clarksville' sounds quite good sparkly. grin

sparklypenny Sat 17-Nov-12 13:40:23

* Clarks

sparklypenny Sat 17-Nov-12 13:39:55

Clarksville Village January Sale is the best time to go, as they heavily slash the already reduced prices.

yummumto3girls Sat 17-Nov-12 13:36:20

Do you need to rely on road signs to know how far you are going? Try Googling it or looking on a map before you go and you will know how far it is!

Lora1982 Sat 17-Nov-12 13:23:21

because im a photographer and i needed one for my camera else i wouldnt have been able to work :-D

thatlldopigthatlldo Sat 17-Nov-12 11:58:23

actually the monsoon outlet was the most promising in terms of discount, but just didn't find anything I wanted.

i was at a conference in taunton that finished early so thought i'd go as it seemed nearby. it's not nearby.

I don't know why it turned visit into fishy, sorry!!

It's an outlet centre, that has been built around the existing Clark's factory store. The original Clark's factory and offices are next door.

To be fair, the motorway sign is probably because it's on the nearest "main" road. I used to have to fishy from Salisbury and it's an A road with tractor factor all the way.

Somerset is like Norfolk - things look a lot shorter in distance, but you have to factor in single carriage ways a lot so it takes an age.

Why was it disappointing? Not enough Brands? Try a McArthurGlenn or Value Retail outlet next time.

givemeaclue Sat 17-Nov-12 07:41:06

Yanbu it is miles away.

How did being able to buy a memory cardsave your life lora?

Atozandbackagain Sat 17-Nov-12 00:29:14

Couldn't believe the prices last time I was there. £5 off an £80 pair of boots is not the sort of markdown I would expect at an outlet.

Shame because it used to be good when it first opened.

IneedAgoldenNickname Fri 16-Nov-12 23:30:25

It's full of outlet stores, I've got gap trousers for ds2 got the same price that I'd pay in primark at home.

Just had a quick Google. Looks like a Cheshire Oaks type place. I like Cheshire Oaks, they have an unnecessarily large M&S. grin

Sounds Crapola to me. But the M5 is crapola too IMO.

thatlldopigthatlldo Fri 16-Nov-12 23:18:01

hmm, not exactly 'saving your life' but that does sound like they came in very useful.

Lora1982 Fri 16-Nov-12 22:59:55

clarks village saved my life once. i turned up at glastonbury with my super duper slr camera.... and no memory card. not one of the stalls sold them so i had to go clarks village.

thatlldopigthatlldo Fri 16-Nov-12 22:52:46

it should at least let you know how many miles off the M5 it is.

was shit anyway, bought nothing.

joan is spot on actually.

IneedAgoldenNickname Fri 16-Nov-12 22:49:39

I love clarks village! And surely it needs to be signposted from the m5 so people know which junction to come off of?

I've never gone there from the m5 though, I always go from my brothers lovely pub a10 min drive away!

Cortana Fri 16-Nov-12 22:46:00

No, it's a shitty shopping centre Joan. YANBU thatll. We went once, massive drive and a massive disappointment.

joanbyers Fri 16-Nov-12 22:44:41

WTF is Clarks Village? Is this like the seventh circle of hell of overpriced shoes and monstrous feet measuring machines?

chicaguapa Fri 16-Nov-12 22:35:15

Yanbu. I feel the same about Alton Towers and the M6. grin

thatlldopigthatlldo Fri 16-Nov-12 22:32:53

i'm not BU, btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now