AIBU to think that Girls Aloud are shite?

(47 Posts)

Just watching them on the telly, and i'm sorry, but i can warble as well! grin

True! x

MaryZezItsOnlyJustNovember Fri 16-Nov-12 22:39:29

The only think I dislike more that GA is one of them on their own. At least in a "band" they can drown each other out a bit harmonise hmm

SoleSource Fri 16-Nov-12 22:36:36

E.njoy!!! Lmao

stilli Fri 16-Nov-12 22:35:48

Lollipops. YANBU

Mousefunk Fri 16-Nov-12 22:32:44

I don't think Nadine has 'body issues' she has always been skinny. I feel sorry for naturally skinny people, its v.hard for them to gain weight and they're constantly told they must have disorders.. it must be very disheartening. I'm sure a lot of them don't even want to be that skinny. Saying she should be pulled off tv because she's skinny is just awful, I can't imagine anyone would say that about a fat person.

If anything they should be taken off for crimes to music.. if you can call it that. Wtf was that 'rapping'?! I was under no illusion that any of them are talented singers but now attempting to rap? Just no. Also Sarah's lips are out of control.. Kimberley is by far the most attractive, always said it and still stick too it.

FrillyMilly Fri 16-Nov-12 22:23:54

They aren't great singers. Maybe we should start turning a blind eye to miming again. How old is Sarah Harding?

I would never ever want to be famous so definitely not envious of them. I don't feel sorry for them because they work 20 hour days 360 days a year. They are hardly being held at gunpoint and forced to warble for the nation. If people don't want to be famous they don't have to be.

rainbow2000 Fri 16-Nov-12 22:15:27

Ah i dont mind them but really they are not role models.I was having this conversation today with y ds who is 17.You make yourself your childs role model not some manufactured group.Really if they are the role models we are fucked.

EnjoyResponsibly Fri 16-Nov-12 22:14:42

Beryl (national treasure and batterer of toilet attendants) gives me the Rage.

The rest I could care less about.

Everlong Fri 16-Nov-12 22:10:49

Oh yeah I like her, just not her voice grin

Ah they're alright <shrug>

MrsMoosickle Fri 16-Nov-12 22:10:16

Sarah Harding looked like she was zoned out on another planet!

Sargesaweyes Fri 16-Nov-12 22:08:12

You're right Everlong. Just the scouse one then. I quite like Kimberley though. I like her curvy arse

Sargesaweyes Fri 16-Nov-12 22:06:33

grin

Everlong Fri 16-Nov-12 22:06:28

Kimberley can sing? confused not to my ears.
Nicola was pretty good on that last song.

bangersmashandbeans Fri 16-Nov-12 22:04:53

Sarah Hardings lips are bigger than Nadine's whole body.

Sargesaweyes Fri 16-Nov-12 22:03:48

I mean The one from Liverpool

Sargesaweyes Fri 16-Nov-12 22:03:18

Not nadine

Sargesaweyes Fri 16-Nov-12 22:02:59

Kimberley and Nadine can sing. The others not so much.

bureni Fri 16-Nov-12 21:56:02

They are way better than that other talentless bag of mingers the Spice Girls.

FiteFuaite Fri 16-Nov-12 21:55:57

Ah but what about lyrics such as

'I'm standing over the basin
I've been washing my face in'

You gotta be impressed with that!! grin

Unacceptable Fri 16-Nov-12 21:54:09

YABU
They are great pop. Catchy, fab tunes and the ginger one has a beautiful voice.
This Ballad they are singing now is lovely and glad Nicola has more of a lead vocal.

Bingdweller Fri 16-Nov-12 21:52:49

Nicola Roberts sounds good on the second song, our Cheryl is a bit dire though!

Sargesaweyes Fri 16-Nov-12 21:45:52

I'm not jealous little bit of all of their nice thin legs and arms

ifancyashandy no, definately not envious, but i do admire their drive and ambition.
But at the same time, while i work with with teenagers, no one wants to be like them, which is telling in my job.
My Son and his peers are teenagers in the 17/18 year old bracket, and even they are tired of the glamorous overhyped pictures celebs
A family relative works in the industry. That person is tired and stressed and has no time to chill out.

Sargesaweyes Fri 16-Nov-12 21:45:01

I like some of their music. That rap on children in need though sounded like foxes screaming in the night.

SoleSource Fri 16-Nov-12 21:44:54

Never jealous of talentless so called celebs. Do not care how much money they have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now