Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to tthink that people are being uberponcetastic when they refuse to haev cretain wines with certain foods?

(30 Posts)
GretaGip Wed 14-Nov-12 22:13:39

It's wine.

And food.

Where's the friffing clash?

Huh?

confused

monsterchild Thu 15-Nov-12 03:42:21

I am poncetastic, I like simple wine with complex food and complex wine with simple food. So a nice Chenin blanc with curry and a lovely shiraz with steak.works great.

WhoWhatWhereWhen Thu 15-Nov-12 03:04:12

I chill my red wine, will I be hounded off MN?

Surely it's just personal taste, like enjoying later with curry, or preferring G&T to a JD and coke.

Is only poncetastic if its done in a snobby sneering way designed to make the drinker seem superior.

If it's bought for me... I'll drink it. Food wise, I'll have a red with anything. I need one now. Bugger!

thebody Wed 14-Nov-12 22:47:38

If no white I drink red. If neither I drink whatever alcohol is available in fridge/cupboard.

But then I am very posh.

Bunbaker Wed 14-Nov-12 22:47:33

"But where do you fit in rosé and Beaujolais Kim?"

Beaujolais is vile. I would to lump rose in with white as it is served chilled. I tend to drink white in warm weather and red in cold weather as well.

I am drinking Rioja & eating Wotsits, it's a gastronomic love-affair.

PseudoBadger Wed 14-Nov-12 22:46:22

Mine auto corrects to rosé!

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 14-Nov-12 22:45:57

I explained that so badly! If you hold say e down a little row with accents comes up and you can select one. smile

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 14-Nov-12 22:45:06

I'm typing on my iPhone...if you hold down the letters a little menu with accents comes up for letters. Have had an iPhone for about 3 years...discovered this last month <I am a genius>

Also...did you know it was Beaujolais day tomorrow? This is an actual event,lots of places will have wine specials on!

kim147 Wed 14-Nov-12 22:43:09

How do you get the accent on rose smile

kim147 Wed 14-Nov-12 22:42:34

I don't like Rose.
Beaujolais - <Googles to remember what it is> not one of my usual ones.

GretaGip Wed 14-Nov-12 22:32:06

See, that works for me, kim147.

Sensical.

smile

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 14-Nov-12 22:31:07

But where do you fit in rosé and Beaujolais Kim?

So many wines!

kim147 Wed 14-Nov-12 22:26:02

Warm weather - white wine
Cold weather - red wine

Works for me

GretaGip Wed 14-Nov-12 22:25:04

Exactomundo, wewerherefirst embrace the Capiatlism, please.

wink

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 14-Nov-12 22:25:01

White wine and red meat doesn't go. I know it doesn't I still drink it though

If I'm cooking or ordering a particular meal I would probably order a corresponding wine. But if I go for a meal at a friends I'll drink what they have. Same with if I happen to buy wine and have nothing special for dinner.

I'm not so precious that I refuse to drink it!

As long as there's wine, who cares? smile

Hassled Wed 14-Nov-12 22:21:23

I don't hold with the "if it's steak, it should be red wine" bollocks on the basis that red wine should only be used for going in the actual cooking.

GretaGip Wed 14-Nov-12 22:19:47

Not sausage figners, no. Chipolata-esque I guess.

No, I am just a shite typer.

And life's too friffing short to preview, 'sjust chuntering isn't it?

Brycie Wed 14-Nov-12 22:19:22

No. Life's too short. That's what some people like to do. Do you like Coke or Sprite with your Macdonald's? Same thing.

TeWiDoesTheHulaInHawaii Wed 14-Nov-12 22:18:41

I don't like wine. It's either sour or sickening sweet. Yuck.

Am I going to get hounded off MN?

PseudoBadger Wed 14-Nov-12 22:18:02

*cretain wink

Fakebook Wed 14-Nov-12 22:17:49

Do you have sausage fingers? What's with the typing? confused.

PseudoBadger Wed 14-Nov-12 22:17:48

I'm pretty certain this isn't fishy....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now