To think people are just plain INSANIO about Christmas?

(306 Posts)
HullyEastergully Wed 14-Nov-12 17:23:36

In many different ways.

So much upset and pain and worry and strategising.

It's not good.

Absy Thu 15-Nov-12 17:04:59

Yes, you cover her in the mixture while dancing around, and drooling.

C'est classe

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Thu 15-Nov-12 18:35:41

sellotape, oh yes I too used to stick bits on every available edge and curse when they curled up round the edge or I lost the end on the big roll. Then I found the little gadget that you wear on your wrist which gives a measured bit each time I hide it so that no one else can use it, its revolutionised wrapping five million presents for me. I remember when we were young parents and staying at our own home for the first time after years of travelling 'oop north' to see my folks, we has a romantic view of sitting under the tree drinking gin and wrapping pressies on xmas eve HA HA HA we eventually got to bed around 2 am and kids got us up at 5. easier now they are teens, all is done weeks in advance, xmas eve is still making mince pies with DS2 and choc dipped marshmallows. stockings are left outside bedroom doors on xmas eve but they still insist on coming into our bed on xmas morning 'has he beeeen?' to unwrap stockings. (16 and 20) brekky (croissants, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs) then main presents done as slowly as possible, white port and chill while admiring gifts, snowballs carols and veg prep, table setting, Gin and dinner prep for meal around 2 - 3, wine with dinner, telly after with more wine, pudding later and just general lack of rules all day. eat drink and be pissed merry

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Thu 15-Nov-12 18:37:45

oooh sorry thread moved on, I just got all carried away thinking about xmas day blush

LineRunner Thu 15-Nov-12 18:42:23

RudolphUcker needs a new pac-a-mac and rainmate for Christmas.

LineRunner Thu 15-Nov-12 18:43:13

Although I suspect indoors at StepAway's sounds pretty pissed up lovely.

MotherfuckingMorrisMan Thu 15-Nov-12 19:34:16

ecclescake that all sounds lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now