Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

about my husband's snoring?????

(67 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Mon 12-Nov-12 00:04:27

He won't stop fucking snoring! I have moved him, told him to stop (I know this doesn't work, but neither does anything else) , shaken him, woken him. I've ran out of options so now I have moved to sleep in the spare room...I haven't told him and I have left the monitor with him!

What I would like to do is stab him in the throat, AIBU?!

Rindercella Mon 12-Nov-12 15:06:44

OP, sorry I have reported your thread and I have asked MNHQ if they can change the title. I know I can hide it and I know you don't really mean you want to kill your DH. But I am feeling really crap at the moment about losing my husband and I am sure some other recent widows who may see it would feel equally as hmm

Sorry, I am not usually quite so sensitive, I just had a really bad night last night.

Wrt to snoring, I really do sympathise and perhaps your DH should be checked out for sleep apnoea. Good luck, you must be knackered!

lubeybooby Mon 12-Nov-12 15:13:37

NoTeaForMe Nope I don't have a partner which is why I haven't tried - I will do if I ever have any male in my bed regularly though. I was tempted to get it the other day but can't justify the cost when I sleep alone 95% of the time.

I have at least got as far as finding out what type of snorer I am though, which turns out to be the annoying type that nothing works for apart from the mouth guard things.

lubeybooby Mon 12-Nov-12 15:15:13

Oh and my DD suffers the same - but she is very healthy and fit with a bmi of 22 so it's not always weight related too. Damned bastard thing to sort out it is.

Rinders Sorry for your loss

ladygoldenlion Mon 12-Nov-12 16:03:02

Rinders I am sorry for your loss too but it may be best to hide this thread instead of having it deleted as it is a lighthearted thread.

Cozy9 Mon 12-Nov-12 16:11:09

Buy some lazer lite earplugs from ebay.

CheerMum Mon 12-Nov-12 16:14:40

I have trained my Dh, when he snores I kick him. If he stops then that is okay. But if he keeps snoring then I keep kicking. It took a while but now he dutifully turns over in his sleep and that solves the problem.
He doesn't ever mention the fact that I also snore, he's not that stupid ( double standards I know)

NoTeaForMe Mon 12-Nov-12 16:15:18

I'm really sorry for your loss Rinder , I certainly didn't write the thread title thinking it would upset anyone. It is quite clearly lighthearted and I hope MNHQ can see that.

I can't sleep with earplugs, but also wouldn't hear our toddler if she woke and we're due another baby in May do earplugs wouldn't be practical then either!

Everlong Mon 12-Nov-12 18:09:32

<grabs rinders and hugs her>

Come on mnhq

NoTeaForMe Mon 12-Nov-12 18:16:34

Everlong the thread was just about to slip off the first page and then basically hidden! That's presuming if Rinder hasn't already hidden it away.

Everlong Mon 12-Nov-12 18:20:01

I didn't know that.

It was under threads I'm on so hadn't a clue it was about slip of the page.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 12-Nov-12 19:15:05

Hi there
We have changed the thread for this, trust that's okay by all
Thanks
MNHQ

Everlong Mon 12-Nov-12 19:21:49

Thank you smile

amg8329 Wed 14-Nov-12 11:18:31

Some things your partner could use to stop that annoying snoring:
- Sleep sideways
- Lose weight
- No alcohol and no tranquilizers
- Allergies influence snoring. Check if there is an allergy, and make them take a antihystaminic before going to bed.
- Use mouth guards (I've read this one before)
- Smoking causes snoring, too, as it damages the respiratory system.
- Keep your bedroom air moist, as dry air affects the airways causing snoring
- Elevating head 4 inches helps, too, as it helps to breath easier
- In times, taking some honey before sleep will help, as it softens throat.

Source:
internetstuffblog.info/dont-let-snoring-ruin-your-life
(There were a few things I didn't ever think about before which are very handy to deal with this cursed thing)

I hope these tips provide some relief to your problem. smile

amg8329 Wed 14-Nov-12 11:22:27

Sorry for your loss, Rindercella. sad

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 14-Nov-12 11:45:27

Snoring causes a deeply burning irrational anger that makes me consider whether 10 years to life in prison is a valid option if I could just get some bloody sleep.

So no,YANBU.

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 14-Nov-12 11:47:23

Just read whole thread, so sorry for your loss Rindercella. Hope you are doing okay,under the circumstances. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now