Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Paying the kindness forward

(12 Posts)
giraffesCantFlyLikeReindeer Wed 12-Dec-12 00:49:09

That is good of you smile

I usually do a voluntary childline shift on Christmas day.

MsVelvet Tue 11-Dec-12 21:30:11

Thankyou soo much, i have got 3 new sponsors out of the blue this evening, made me all warm and fuzzy and happy. Merry Christmas to you too xx

reallysayingsomething Tue 11-Dec-12 21:29:31

Wonderful thing to do. Good luck and Happy christmasx

Woolfey Tue 11-Dec-12 19:17:30

Lovely thing to do. Merry Christmas x

MsVelvet Fri 09-Nov-12 17:57:55

Things are going really well smile I am finally in on my 1st of 2 placements of my final year of uni, not started theory yet though but feeling quite positive and getting on with it, still feeling the warmth from people's generosity and care smile

IWishIWasSheRa Fri 09-Nov-12 17:49:10

Lovely idea, how are things with you?

MsVelvet Fri 09-Nov-12 16:45:04

Just want to do something good for others that need it and try and help raise a little extra along the way if you know what i mean, every little helps so much

CrazyCatLady13 Fri 09-Nov-12 11:56:52

It's a lovely idea to pay it forward.

I don't send Christmas cards or birthday cards any more as they just get thrown away - the money that I would have spent on them now goes to charity (I choose a different one each year)

Shaky Fri 09-Nov-12 00:00:53

You are welcome.

MsVelvet Thu 08-Nov-12 23:48:53

Thankyou very much, it is greatly appreciated smile

Shaky Thu 08-Nov-12 23:26:09

Well done.

I have donated to this rather than shoebox appeal. I was reading the OCC thread and thought that I would much rather help a women's centre charity instead. I have sent a donation.

MsVelvet Thu 08-Nov-12 23:19:04

I have been fortunate to have had some amazing mumsnetters help me out when i really needed it and a massive thankyou for that. I have volunteered to work 2 nights over Christmas to help Crisis homelessness charity in a women's centre to help others that really need it.

If any of you would like to, i would really appreciate a sponsor where any money raised helps to make someone's Christmas a little more bearable.

Hope this does not offend, no pressure, only if you would like to smile

uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PricklyVelvet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now