to think school cooking lessons are.....

(134 Posts)
NellyJob Thu 08-Nov-12 21:34:09

a joke when the morbidly obese 'food tech' teacher ditches the healthy recipes from the school cook book and has the class make a super sugary swiss roll? when i say fat, I mean she is so heavy as to not be able to wear normal clothes or stand up straight? and she is teaching my daughter about nutrition when all these years I have been doing my best to keep her slim and fit? and this teachers daughter is also obese as are her husband and son.....
or would I sound like a twat complaining about this?

JustSpidero Fri 09-Nov-12 11:27:34

Oh go and get a cake and a grip OP!

Dancingqueen17 Fri 09-Nov-12 12:47:50

Agree cooking the same every week is pointless and is important to do a mix or healthy recipes and 'treats'
Op - you won't have a leg to stand on arguing about the size of the teacher, the school wouldn't want to touch the issue with a barge pole. I do however see where your ideas around hypocracy come from.
What would everyones views be if we were looking at a smoking teacher teaching pupils about the dangers of smoking?

lljkk Fri 09-Nov-12 13:01:31

Don't plenty of doctors smoke & also tell their patients not to?

Isn't lots of life "Do as I say & not as I do"?

In our household we would be delighted to have cakes brought home each week <<bun fight over who'd eat 'em>>. There were no cooking classes & only the most simplistic nutrition lessons when & where I went to school. YABU.

socharlotte Fri 09-Nov-12 13:16:25

Now I am going to HAVE TO bake a swiss roll!!

KenLeeeeeee Fri 09-Nov-12 13:20:19

YABU to have been so rude & crass about the teacher's weight. I lost interest in any potentially valid point you may have had when you decided to be so nasty.

mum2threesons Fri 09-Nov-12 14:10:02

I hate bloody school cooking lessons..nothing to do with an overweight teacher BTW..I hate the fact that I have to fork out a blooming fortune on ingredients that we will never use again.
I've got a big pot of black treacle in my cupboard that I had to buy so my DS coud take 1 TABLESPOON of the stuff to school!
It really really gets me ranting!

JambalayaWarmMincePie Fri 09-Nov-12 14:24:03

For recipes that require one tsp of something, we usually buy a jar and each pupil takes a tsp each. To avoid ^this exact situation^ grin

MaryZezItsOnlyJustNovember Fri 09-Nov-12 14:28:50

How on earth would you transport a tablespoon of treacle? The mind boggles confused.

I suppose parents object to a charge, so each child has to bring individual ingredients. We are charged by the term for that type of thing, and it isn't much.

hazleweatherfieldgirldetective Fri 09-Nov-12 14:36:17

Perhaps you should teach your daughter some self control if she a) is likely to embark on a life of overeating purely because one teacher at her school is overweight and b) she eats a whole cake to herself once a week.

My food tech teacher was skinny as a rake and we had a whole term of making different kinds of cakes. And if one of us forgot an ingredient she would give us it but then take HALF of our cake. I still seethe at the memory. No Mrs Bell, giving me some powdered egg does NOT entitle you to half of my fucking sponge cake!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now