AIBU to get annoyed with the bath!

(48 Posts)
TheDetective Wed 17-Oct-12 23:50:18

More specifically - the over flow! grin

All I want is to be covered in water up to my neck. All my bath wants is to give me as little water as possible and leave my boobs and tummy sticking above the parapet to freeze off!

I run the bath til its full, get in, and enjoy the first minute while I am totally covered with water! But then the over flow takes all the water I want away!

I have been very tempted to block up the overflow, but worry about DP and DS flooding the house!

I can't even leave the tap on to keep it topped up, as they are separate hot and cold taps, which don't give me the right temperature if run while in bath! (One foot burns, and the other freezes!)

I would say it is my own fault for being a fat bugger, but I've been a thin bugger too, and it didn't make any difference! I'm now a fat pregnant bugger and the level of boob/fat that is above water is still the same as in my non pregnant state!

Surely others suffer this dreadful infliction!

So, AIBU to get mad at the bath?! grin

FiveFlowers Sat 20-Oct-12 19:01:01

Sycamore - strangely I prefer showers smile but there is a pic of my bath on my profile.

It was horrible when we moved into the house, all rusty and scratchy. We had it resurfaced and it's now like new.

monsterchild Fri 19-Oct-12 22:05:08

Plastic bag over the overflow. Pressure from the water will keep it there. Viola!

fiveflowers my friend has a new version of your roll top. They're so deep and lush, and plug hole and taps in middle not at the end. I have bath envy.

blonderthanred Fri 19-Oct-12 20:39:39

Duct tape hole (sniggers at the back)

TheDetective Fri 19-Oct-12 20:34:19

You want to see my bath?!

Is it wrong that I did indeed take a picture of my duct taped hole and sent it to my mother grin

SoleSource Fri 19-Oct-12 17:14:54

Her bath of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plantsitter Fri 19-Oct-12 16:51:16

What of, Solesource?

SoleSource Fri 19-Oct-12 15:56:59

Hmm can we have photographic evidence?

lyra41 Fri 19-Oct-12 15:48:47

blue tac or plasticine in the overflow should help

plantsitter Fri 19-Oct-12 14:28:41

Ooh I know! I know! I use the lid off a (slender) aerosol can for this very purpose! Works like a charm!

TraineeBabyCatcher Thu 18-Oct-12 23:11:36

I prefer a sponge to a flannel, feels nicer to put your foot on but both work well

TheDetective Thu 18-Oct-12 22:22:03

Hurrah! It worked! Thank you muchly!

I was able to stay in the bath til I was nearly passing out with the heat!

The dog kindly cleared any spillage and ate all the bubbles for me!

This is how it shall be until the miracle new bath comes along!

Frustrated I'm having the baby at home! I'm actually a wee bit gutted about that fact now! I do have a pool though.... Which might be needing a few practice runs grin

FiveFlowers Thu 18-Oct-12 21:23:44

Leave the bathtard

Best Post Ever grin

My bath is an original old cast iron roll top jobbie with side taps and doesn't have an overflow <smug>

januaryjojo Thu 18-Oct-12 21:02:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Just dream of the wonderful baths they have in the maternity unit; those really deep ones. To have one that deep when not in labour would be nice.

Just to be clear, I don't actually have my dream bath, I have a small, 40 year old blue bath, which is rubbish... But I will get my dream bath one day smile

If your overflow is as I picture it, could you stretch a cheap elasticated showercap over it, twist round and over again, to form a cover?

My dream bath is sunk into the floor and is so deep that it has a big step/seat. Bliss!

TheDetective Thu 18-Oct-12 20:35:38

One day, I will leave the bathard, this I promise you!

I can't afford to leave it!!!

valiumredhead Thu 18-Oct-12 20:01:59

bath not batch

valiumredhead Thu 18-Oct-12 20:01:45

Many many moons ago dh and I lived in a shared house - was pretty grim apart from its one saving grace - a HUGE batch, it was the side of a small swimming pool! Dh is 6.1 and I am 5.11 and we could both get in there with room to spare, it was bliss! If I sat up straight the top of the bath touched my shoulder. I miss that bath and all the sex we had in it <sigh>

TheDetective Thu 18-Oct-12 19:58:13

I'm hoping you are right - cause I've gone and bought duct tape. Am about to put it to the test!!

Drain the bastard

Fuzzymum1 Thu 18-Oct-12 12:46:32

You need one of these www.omnitub.co.uk/ Shorter than a standard bath - which means for a shallow kid bath you use less water and althogh you can't stretch out the water can be comfortably up around your neck :D We used to have one when we had a very small bathroom and I really miss it.

ChaoticismyLife Thu 18-Oct-12 10:11:13

Lurk grin

YANBU I used to have this problem then the HA came and put in new bathrooms. The new bath is shorter than the old bath so now I can't even lie down in comfort. Consequently I haven't had a bath in years sad

I do have a shower so I'm not stinky.

Oh I remember the days of bath wallowing! I very quickly became excellent at turning taps with my toes! Water up high...bubbles....hot hot water <sighs wistfully>

Then We moved to a house with only a showe! Ridiculous!

It's been 4 months and I'm genuinely still upset over the lack of bath

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now