To pay the taxi driver half the fare?

(205 Posts)
Dordeydoo Sun 07-Oct-12 18:32:16

Booked a taxi at 7:30pm on friday night for 8:10pm. The taxi hadn't turned up by 8:20pm so rang and was told it was at the end of my road. Still hadnt arrived at 8:30pm so rang again to be told the same, which clearly wasn't the case as my road is a culdesac with 28houses so not long! Taxi finally turned up at 8:45pm then the driver drove like a prick the whole way to destination. When I got out I only paid half the fare was I being unreasonable to do so?

puppyowner Tue 09-Oct-12 17:56:02

OP...

You sound like you would sue the paramedics if they had to revive your heart if it stopped but damaged 1 of your ribs in the process.

I can't work out why you posted in AIBU - it's comiing over to us that you are proud & wanted praise for what you did.

My best friend has been a taxi driver for 18 years & he has costs to meet...his insurances total £6k a year, he doesn't get his fuel any cheaper than you would, it was unreasonable that you took that from him through no fault of his own.

He collected you instead of thinking 'Oh I'm late so it's not even worth going to her now'.

Thank goodness my friend isn't in your contacts list.

gettingeasier Tue 09-Oct-12 08:25:44

This thread doesnt reflect well on you OP and as to your pride in repeatedly saying the manager is having a meeting with the driver ??? I cant decide which is worse your delight in this outcome or the fact you actually believe its going to happen. Perhaps you should ask, as such a valued customer , to be present ?

monkeysbignuts Tue 09-Oct-12 08:17:32

its not the taxi drivers fault its probably the distribution of calls from the office. Its a bit mean because he gets paid per job and you took half his wage for your job :/
I can understand why your annoyed though.

AmberLeaf Tue 09-Oct-12 07:59:26

You're either lying or the people at the cab office are having a right old laugh every time you call/email.

Why would he have a meeting with him? he'll see him everyday anyway?

GoldShip Tue 09-Oct-12 07:50:48

OP I now don't believe a word you're saying.

SoupDragon Tue 09-Oct-12 07:09:32

The manager is meeting with the driver this week to discuss his driving and lateness on Friday night.

Yes, and I can imagine how that conversation is going to go

Manager: That daft woman who quibbled over a £4 fare on Friday night is whinging about your driving. It's Ok though, we're going to send her the really crap cars in future and over charge her by a couple of quid each time.
Driver: Good on you, old chap.
Manager: Oh, and try to tone the driving down, OK?
Driver: Absolutely, Sir.

ToothbrushThief Tue 09-Oct-12 06:21:09

I was about to say 'wish I had legs like that' until I saw the bacon. Thanks Worra

WorraLiberty Mon 08-Oct-12 23:52:18

Tired grin

Tiredmumno1 Mon 08-Oct-12 23:51:01

<now I have tears rolling down my face>

Thanks Worra grin

WorraLiberty Mon 08-Oct-12 23:49:19

<< Holds head in hands >> blush

That woman's got 2 strips of streaky bacon stuck to her knees?!

Tiredmumno1 Mon 08-Oct-12 23:48:47

Olivia grin

Now stop enticing me back

OliviaLMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Oct-12 23:47:17
Tiredmumno1 Mon 08-Oct-12 23:46:12

I know what you mean, and tbh I wish I had left it a while back, so thanks kotinka for giving me the boot up the bum grin

kotinka Mon 08-Oct-12 23:44:32

oh yes, it H.

I do apologise, I'd assumed the "nobheads" comment had been deleted. The other one contained nothing offensive as far as I was aware, just a recommendation for the OP to let it go as it was clearly a waste of time banging on about this any further.

Tiredmumno1 Mon 08-Oct-12 23:40:54

Kotinka I meant the other word that you said in your other post, the one that was deleted.

Hth

scoobywoo Mon 08-Oct-12 23:39:57

I'm with OP on this one. The annoyed driver will hopefully give the crap firm an earful. That's how markets work. So let them sue you for the measly £2 you docked them for their crap service. That's fair.

Icelollycraving Mon 08-Oct-12 23:39:06

Not driving intervention Worra?! grin

kotinka Mon 08-Oct-12 23:38:54

Tiredmummo - are we really going to discuss whether "nobheads" is one or two words? This may need its own thread as it's a new topic.

Tiredmumno1 Mon 08-Oct-12 23:37:02

Worra I have to give you a grin that made me giggle (the x post with olivia that is) right now I am gone.

hmm all sounds a bit like bullshit weird tbh.

Tiredmumno1 Mon 08-Oct-12 23:34:57

Actually it was 2 words.

I am not being nasty, i have not called the OP names or sworn at her, I have just asked some questions along the way, which I never got an answer to, but hey ho.

Maybe you are right about one thing, I think I'll join you and leave this thread as well.

WorraLiberty Mon 08-Oct-12 23:34:41

divine!! not diving ffs shock

Oh well that's good for you OP

Not sure how long they'll stay in business if everyone else decides to just pay what they fancy but there you go.

WorraLiberty Mon 08-Oct-12 23:33:20

Damn!! Why do I always X post with Olivia? blush

Perhaps that was diving intervention....

Dordeydoo Mon 08-Oct-12 23:33:01

Don't think so Worra. Not blacklisted as used them tonight thanks and will be using tomorrow as well

WorraLiberty Mon 08-Oct-12 23:31:58

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's update....

" I'm still not blacklisted. The taxi drivers are all fully behind me on this one and have organised a 'drive slow protest' during tomorrow's rush hour. The Pope rang me late last night (I made him apologise and complained to God about it) and also offered me his full support."

"I'm sooo not BU you know so there".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now