To pay the taxi driver half the fare?

(205 Posts)
Dordeydoo Sun 07-Oct-12 18:32:16

Booked a taxi at 7:30pm on friday night for 8:10pm. The taxi hadn't turned up by 8:20pm so rang and was told it was at the end of my road. Still hadnt arrived at 8:30pm so rang again to be told the same, which clearly wasn't the case as my road is a culdesac with 28houses so not long! Taxi finally turned up at 8:45pm then the driver drove like a prick the whole way to destination. When I got out I only paid half the fare was I being unreasonable to do so?

GoldShip Tue 09-Oct-12 07:50:48

OP I now don't believe a word you're saying.

AmberLeaf Tue 09-Oct-12 07:59:26

You're either lying or the people at the cab office are having a right old laugh every time you call/email.

Why would he have a meeting with him? he'll see him everyday anyway?

monkeysbignuts Tue 09-Oct-12 08:17:32

its not the taxi drivers fault its probably the distribution of calls from the office. Its a bit mean because he gets paid per job and you took half his wage for your job :/
I can understand why your annoyed though.

gettingeasier Tue 09-Oct-12 08:25:44

This thread doesnt reflect well on you OP and as to your pride in repeatedly saying the manager is having a meeting with the driver ??? I cant decide which is worse your delight in this outcome or the fact you actually believe its going to happen. Perhaps you should ask, as such a valued customer , to be present ?

puppyowner Tue 09-Oct-12 17:56:02

OP...

You sound like you would sue the paramedics if they had to revive your heart if it stopped but damaged 1 of your ribs in the process.

I can't work out why you posted in AIBU - it's comiing over to us that you are proud & wanted praise for what you did.

My best friend has been a taxi driver for 18 years & he has costs to meet...his insurances total £6k a year, he doesn't get his fuel any cheaper than you would, it was unreasonable that you took that from him through no fault of his own.

He collected you instead of thinking 'Oh I'm late so it's not even worth going to her now'.

Thank goodness my friend isn't in your contacts list.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now