to think that 3 are a shower of shite?

(13 Posts)
Way2Go Sun 07-Oct-12 11:44:33

Promise I don't work for them....

I bought a new iPhone in an Apple store and the Apple Rep signed me up for the wrong 3 package but I only realised when I got home. I called 3 and they could see the mistake and, although it did take a long, long time to sort it out, they were extremely helpful and polite. I was a bit shocked to be honest. They were very apologetic even though it wasn't their fault and called me back a week later, as promised, to check everything was ok. They were excellent and 'plesant'

I get good fast coverage too. It's best in populated areas. I do lose my 3G when I am out hiking which is a bit irritating.

I got stroppy and had a PAC number within 15 minutes of dialling the number. They kept trying to sell me stuff/ new contracts/ freebies. I just kept repeating that whatever they offered, their coverage in large parts of the UK would still be rubbish, and a phone contract is no use to me if I can't use my phone. They told me the code and texted it to me within a short time. Now my number is being ported to a more reliable phone network and I am smile

JamesBexleySpeed Thu 04-Oct-12 20:49:23

I tried the PAC thing. Apparently I was making things up, PAC? PAC? Never heard of it, there's no such thing.

JamesBexleySpeed Thu 04-Oct-12 20:47:35

This was me last month. Almost exactly. I'm still getting called 3 times a day by the bunch of unprofessional arseholes.
Email, explain briefly that you want to give 30 days notice and the 'customer service' people have not 'let' you cancel over the phone.

Iodine Thu 04-Oct-12 20:46:10

Oh and watch out for them trying to sneakily get you to agree to an offer that saves you money which locks you in to a 12 month contract with them.

Iodine Thu 04-Oct-12 20:43:50

Twolittlemonkeys-prepare to get shouty.

cbeebiesatemybrain Thu 04-Oct-12 20:43:07

3 will fob you off, pass you from one department to another who will contradict everything you've already been told and promise phone calls which don't come ime. To get anywhere with these jokers you need to cancel your direct debit or not pay your bill and make a complaint stating that you won't be paying until you get a satisfactory response. <voice of bitter experience talking>

YANBU... I have to ring them to get a PAC number so I can transfer my number across to a different mobile company. Am dreading that call!

SoleSource Thu 04-Oct-12 20:38:53

Customer service is absolutely appalling.

Iodine Thu 04-Oct-12 20:37:31

In my experience 3 are fine until you try to cancel and then they are shite. You end up having to argue with them that you dont want another phone/ipad/mobile internet. When I told them I had moved to Tesco the man on the phone went on and on about how awful Tesco are, how they're only interested in profits. I said to him "So you're telling me 3 are a charity now?".

lydiamama Thu 04-Oct-12 20:12:45

I had 3 for a long long time, and I am actually very happy with them, they sorted out my phone when it did not work properly after changing the SIM to 3, they phoned me, I posted the phone and got it back no charge, and they phoned me to ask me if I was happy. Completely experience here.

Nigglenaggle Thu 04-Oct-12 20:09:37

They are pretty rubbish. Personally although they are pricier I wouldnt budge from O2 or Vodafone. And I find when contracts are up you get better service from a middle man, mad though that may seem. Phones4u were LOVELY and very efficient - I couldnt believe how good they were compared to my service provider. They do try to flog you extra bits which is annoying, but it is worth it IMO.

avivabeaver Thu 04-Oct-12 18:15:18

took out a mobile broadbrand contract with these idiots nearly 2 years ago. its never worked properly, tried to resolve via their customer service and admitted defeat eventually- being paying them £18.72 per month for something i cannot use.

have spent 2 days on and off phoning them to cancel the contract as the 2 years will be up in November. engaged tone. just got through to them after 20 minutes on hold and working through various menus- the person on the end of the phone told me he couldn't hear me, coughed down the phone and hung up.

nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now