Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to help me locate a bargin dualit toaster IF its is out there!!

(14 Posts)
MoreBeta Fri 05-Oct-12 17:52:44

Our chrome Dualit one did not wear well either and eventually the timer switch stopped working.

It was not a bad machine but just too expensive to ignore the cheaper alternatives.

MadgeHarvey Fri 05-Oct-12 17:48:48

If I had known when I bought my chrome Dualit - 10 years and counting - that the chrome would not wear well and that now it would look all dull and horrid then I'd have bought a coloured one.

MoreBeta Fri 05-Oct-12 17:47:36

Go the Nisbets site and order this Buffalo 4 slot toaster.

We got one when our Dualit died. It automatically pops up, has a toast, defrost and bagel setting and frankly for £32.99 and with the durability of a semi commercial machine - you can't go wrong compared to a much more pricey Dualit.

Nisbets also deliver it so you dont need to go to a shop.

Mylittlepuds Fri 05-Oct-12 17:41:48

We got a Dualit toaster and kettle from eBay for £100

booksinbed Fri 05-Oct-12 14:23:01

Ed - its the metal one - thank you all for help re my mission !!!! xx

EdMcDunnough Thu 04-Oct-12 21:07:28

Is it the metal one or the soft plastic one you are after OP? There are two different kinds.

I can find coloured or white toasters for £50-70 but the chrome/stainless steels seem to all be around 150.

There's chatter about them being sold for £80 on an argos outlet on ebay last year. I can't find the outlet though.

EdMcDunnough Thu 04-Oct-12 20:59:27

Gosakura that's really rude.

OP - I don't know, but sometimes you can get like a discount code for somewhere - M&S sell Dualit, I managed to save up some giftcards over a couple of years and get one partly using those. It's very very good and I console myself that it will last a lifetime.

I think I got it when they had an offer on, like 15% off electrical goods or something...can't remember now.

That sort of thing might be your best bet.

MsRinky Thu 04-Oct-12 20:55:18

Mine was a fiver from a charity shop <unhelpful>

GoSakuramachi Thu 04-Oct-12 18:38:59

You could locate chat first.

WelshMaenad Thu 04-Oct-12 18:38:01

Have you an outlet shopping village near you? My mum just bought DH and I a really nice tefal kettle and toaster from a cook shop at Bridgend designer outlet and I'm sure they had dualit there too. We paid about half rrp for our stuff.

VIX1980 Thu 04-Oct-12 17:41:51

sorry just realised you want the chrome one!

VIX1980 Thu 04-Oct-12 17:41:15

Do you have a costco card or know anyone who has, i got my dualit replacement from there last month for £72, 4 slice in cream, i love it smile

booksinbed Thu 04-Oct-12 17:02:41

Toaster finally died - dh asked me to get another and ive wanted the chrome 2 toaster classic one for year s but never justified the expense.think will go for it but cant find cheaper than £129 - even on e bay ,amazon- currys have for the 129.If anyone happens to have seen any cheaper - long shot i know - but if so please do tell !!! toast!carbs a go go !!!!thanks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now