To throw out all my Tupperware!

(33 Posts)
Molehillmountain Thu 04-Oct-12 15:03:50

Tupperware is a bit of a grand word for it! We have so many plastic boxes. When I want one I can't find the lid. They fill up loads of space. I am getting rid!!! Except for the little ones for dc packed lunches Freezer bags from here on in.

Tanyaaah Fri 05-Oct-12 20:17:52

Please stop.

Don't throw them away if you have a dc coming up to secondary school age. Food tech is a bastard for needing all sorts of tubs from giant ones for cakes to teeny ones for one tbsp milk hmm this week dd needed 4 Chinese takeaway tubs, one egg sized pot, one little pot for milk and a decent sized tub for the finished product.
When she finishes with food tech I'm going to melt the lot.

Molehillmountain Fri 05-Oct-12 23:20:34

Hinges! Genius! For now all is calm in the molehill household-at least tupperwarewise. I am not naive enough to think this will last beyond the point where any of the tubs actually gets used again. So I will be putting leftovers in foil or clingfilm covered bowls for now. I know it's sad but it gives me a small glow every time I open the cupboard.

Molehillmountain Fri 05-Oct-12 23:21:50

I do know, with absolute certainty, that you are right, samuelwestsmistress sad

doinmummy Sat 06-Oct-12 00:17:21

I have loads of tiny Tupperware pots for when DD needed to take 4 grains of sugar and 0.000000025 grams of flour to school for food tech. Can't bring myself to Chuck em out though .

I buy the plastic Chinese takeaway tubs from macro - around £8 for 100. They are the only size / type (apart from 3 of the xmas biscuit boxes for cakes) we have and so the lids always fit.
When the lids split or tubs get discoloured from slag Bol I just chuck them away. The lids and pots even out in the end.

Lots of stuff - put it in 2 or 3 pots.

Stupid tiny amounts for cooking - I put it in individual cling film bundles and put them in 1 tub. Although bicarb and baking powder does look like wraps of coke or something grin

McHappyPants2012 Sat 06-Oct-12 01:00:24

tip from MN take 2.

1 save for trips for high school residental trips
2 save tubberwear for cookery

smile learning post by post lol

whois Sat 06-Oct-12 09:48:51

YANBU

I think abou once every three years you can treat yourself to a new tuppaware set with non-warped and matching lids. Bliss. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now