To think that one single cheerio really is a sufficient dinner for a plastic goldfish?

(106 Posts)
professorsnape Sat 09-Jul-11 17:38:44

DD says otherwise.

He's been sitting in a glass of water on the windowsill most day. Got stories read to him, was brought out in the garden and even got his glass changed. Very little swimming around.

DD declared it was feeding time and asked me what we should give him.

I thought one cheerio would be enough to fill him.

She thinks he deserves at least two cheerios and a treat afterwards.

Am just checking as don't want to be liable for cruelty/underfeeding of inanimate plastic goldfishes.

His name is Yanky Doodle Dandy btw smile

NoWittyName Wed 13-Jul-11 08:43:15

...where he has as many cheerios as his plastic fish sized heart desires...

Anna1976 Wed 13-Jul-11 09:41:47

posted on here to whine about relatives and their issues last week. While the replies to that post were constructive and helpful, this has helped me considerably more smile - though I have spat tea on my keyboard a couple of times.

HerbWoman Wed 13-Jul-11 10:40:12

I think you might have overfed him - fish stomachs are only as big as their eyeballs. You probably needed to cut the cheerio into quarters. Never mind - better luck next time.

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Wed 13-Jul-11 13:38:41

Does that mean black moors can eat more than normal goldfish?

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Wed 13-Jul-11 13:39:14

I wish my stomach was as big as one of my eyeballs

Poor plastic goldfish. I was excited to think about what your DD was going to feed him next sad

Can we talk about my DS's plastic guinea pigs now? They have one raisin to share between 3 of them, and the raisin is 2 weeks old. I don't think DS is being a responsible carer.

Also, the guinea pigs were free. How come free toys entertain children for 100 times longer than ones that cost £20?

RIP goldfish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now