To be upset I've been sent a free sample of tena lady pads!

(30 Posts)
creamola Sat 02-Jul-11 20:17:11

why?

how did my name get selected ?

I'm only 40 and have exceptional bladder control.

I feel violated in a way.......it's undermining my confidence that someone/company out there thinks I need tena lady pads.

Gingefringe Mon 11-Jul-11 21:53:14

They're great if you're into trampolining or skipping. Keep them.

Jannie49 Mon 11-Jul-11 20:32:23

Hey, Ill have em!! Why aint I gettin em? Besides theyre great for use just as panty liners, last few days of period, coffee spills etc.
As for the Guaranteed Over 50 Plan Im taking that out next year ASAP, I need a new bedroom TV, dont need a SatNav, got one already, I brew me own wine, lol n Marks clothes not really my style, very young 49 yr old...(Im talking about the free gifts in case anyones confused.com...lol)

Shtiv Sun 10-Jul-11 22:04:32

Man up woman and laugh it off. How sensitive can you get, christ.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Sun 10-Jul-11 21:55:01

That is soooo funny!!!! I bet one of your friends has pranked you!!!!!

I'm gonna get straight on that website and do the same to my friends and my sister too!

cricketfan - once you are on the sunlife list the only way to get off is to cross your name off, write DEAD in large letters and return to sender. Seriously they stalked me for five years when I was about 20! hmm

cricketfan Fri 08-Jul-11 17:04:56

Sun Life keep sending me pre-approved Over 50 Plan application forms (I am 34). At first I just ignored it, by the 3rd copy I think someone is trying to tell me something. hmm

DrCoconut Fri 08-Jul-11 16:07:26

I could have done with some when I had a cold recently! My pelvic floor must have got a bit mashed 12 weeks ago giving birth to my 9lb 15 er.

KittyChat Fri 08-Jul-11 15:42:49

I also received a sample in the mail recently, I suspect it was one of my 'hilarious' friends signing me up on the Tena Lady site. Wish I knew where they were now - am 40 weeks pregnant and they might come in handy...

nightingale452 Fri 08-Jul-11 15:35:43

Do you live in a road with lots of bungalows? I used to, and got personalised mailings about retirement homes (in my early 20s). I found it funny then, would probably feel quite affronted now, at 40!

cheekeymonkey Sun 03-Jul-11 09:35:51

Pmsl. oops, perhaps I need one? grin

DaisySteiner Sun 03-Jul-11 09:12:30

Perhaps they have undercover market researchers looking for women who stop and cross their legs when they sneeze or cough?!! <crosses legs, before LOLing>

BluddyMoFo Sun 03-Jul-11 09:09:53

They will come in handy soon enough dont worry! grin

lookslikeacoconut Sun 03-Jul-11 09:08:48

I'm clenching right now, thanks for reminding me. Come on ladies one, two, three, four .....

LadyThumb Sat 02-Jul-11 23:31:49

Think yourself lucky you don't need them yet.

quimbledonsemi Sat 02-Jul-11 21:17:26

I got some sent to my mum. I bet someone has put your details in for a free sample.

NigeltheFuckwit Sat 02-Jul-11 21:15:41

Hmm, best not laugh too hard at this thread. (I'm 36) hmm

carocaro Sat 02-Jul-11 21:13:12

I got a personal invitation to a spider and varicose viens open morning at a private local hospital; I've just turned 40! Was very cross!

Cymar Sat 02-Jul-11 21:09:53

Don't be too concerned OP. I was MIL's and started my period, so asked if she had anything that would do until I get home. She whipped out a Tena pad and I certainly wasn't going to say NO to it when it save more bleeding hearteache for poor old knicks. TBH the pads were a godsend. AND, they can be used for stemming bleeding if you come across an accident and the victim has a bad gash. I could think of all sorts of uses for Tena Lady pads.

floosiemcwoosie Sat 02-Jul-11 21:01:20

send them back with a label saying Cheeky Bastards

creamola Sat 02-Jul-11 20:56:42

it just made me feel a bit old because ds1 citzencard proving he was 18 arrived at the same time.

It definately should'nt be a taboo but still is a bit 'eek' well that made me feel old if you weren't expecting it

TYBear Sat 02-Jul-11 20:39:17

I had to use Tena for a while in both pregnancies and for a little while after too, its no big deal. (Of course I'd prefer not to need them ever, but who wouldn't?)

Its such a taboo and it really shouldn't be. Loads of women in their 30s use them, childbirth can do nasty, nasty things to your bits!

somethingwitty82 Sat 02-Jul-11 20:31:00

I love a good freebie me, start stocking up!

iMemoo Sat 02-Jul-11 20:27:12

Send them my way! I got so excited at Ds's football match the other week I did actually wee a little bit!

magicmelons Sat 02-Jul-11 20:26:23

Oh my God can you send them to me, pregnant with my 3rd and for the first time ever i have developed incontinence, i am blush. I'm too embarrassed to buy them. I am 31.

NotJoiningIn Sat 02-Jul-11 20:24:47

You can just go on the website and nominate someone! Start questioning your friends grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now