To have been excited this morning when I saw the Google camera going down my road?

(37 Posts)
TidyBush Fri 11-Mar-11 12:54:49

I was just getting into my car this morning when I saw a car coming down the road with a bit tripod thing on the roof.

It had Google livery on the doors and so I stayed where I was until it went down and back up the road just to make sure I got maximum exposure grin.

Having said that I'm embarrassed to admit that last year I fell for an April fool prank when my local radio station spent a week building up a story about the Google satellite going overhead in our area. Yes, I was stood on the car park at work at 9am hoping my image would be captured for posterity. It took about 10 minutes for the penny to drop and for me to realise the date blush.

I'm on it, but near a friend's house! It was a bloke on a trike. As it was't by my house

DD1 bouncing while she walks

Mandy2003 Sat 19-Mar-11 17:40:36

Holy heck! Nobody's mentioned throwing anything at it yet shock - I would if I saw it. Very pleased I live on an upper floor well set back from the road.

ThisIsANiceCage Sat 19-Mar-11 18:20:11

lucy your DD is so cute!

TidyBush you amateur! Now these guys, that's what I call dedication.

Type in Rugdeveien 39, Bergen, Norge.

Look west.

And then run this sequence up and down the street.

PepsiPopcorn Sat 19-Mar-11 18:35:33

YABU. I think it's creepy that a periscope goes round looking at everyone's house.

Yes, several people do go along the street each day and look at houses/people. However, I wouldn't expect a million people outside my house with a periscope, which is what Google Street View amounts to, as it's viewable by millions.

PepsiPopcorn Sat 19-Mar-11 18:36:05

(no, I'm not that interesting that a million people would pick my house to look at though!)

TidyBush Sat 19-Mar-11 18:47:27

Chaos I thought you'd be too busy in the hairdressers/coffeeshop/MNing working hard to worry about such things grin.

Fellatio do you really think that people like I do to everyone I know spend time searching the adresses of people they know on Google street view?

You'll be suggesting next I they also look at the size of my neighbours' other people's gardens on satellite view grin.

Selks Sat 19-Mar-11 22:08:54

Its got my neighbours washing hanging on the line, including hubby's boxers, grin

Thank gawd I hadn't hung my washing out blush

StableButDeluded Sat 19-Mar-11 22:21:04

I saw one in Cardiff last week, it was parked in the street next to DS's primary school just after I dropped him off. Must have just pulled up as it wasn't there on the way to school.

I had to walk past it to go home & I confess I spent a minute or so wondering what I could do to dither about in front of it, but then realised the driver was looking at paperwork and probably wasn't filming anyway.

Still, I did have a little frisson of excitement, so YANBU.

PepsiPopcorn Sat 19-Mar-11 22:59:00

What's exciting about it though? Is it some kind of "5 seconds of fame" thing?

pigletmania Sun 20-Mar-11 00:42:52

LOL Fellatio LOLOLOL could be better than my dh silver Mondeo

Are they doing an up to date one?

<wonders when it'l be in my area so i can stand in the garden and get my tits out hmm>

goldenpeach Mon 21-Mar-11 20:52:19

I was very excited when my partner found our old house and our car was still parked there, making the picture three years old. He also found a photo of us pushing our daughter in the pram in a nearby street, which was funny (again three years ago).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now