To be angry at DS for clegging me?

(43 Posts)

Yesterday I allowed DS to take his supper upstairs as a particularly gruesome session of COD was in progress. Half an hour later I asked him to bring down his dishes as I was washing up. he told me not to bother, he'd do his himself.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered tonight that not only had he failed to do this, but had added his dirty dishes to a secret pile under his bed. He had no intention of doing them!

So AIBU to feel clegged, or should I be praising him and pushing him towards a career in politics?

So confused, please help!wink

Maisiethemorningsidecat Sun 28-Nov-10 19:02:45

LOL Katie grin

I was a teenager in the 80s, and back then we were so much more helpful, considerate, thoughtful and grateful for all we had. I can't recall anyone two or three timing - we were all in long, monogamous, meaningful relationships and we didn't go around shagging like the youngsters of today, oh no no no.

Poor Philip - what's he up to these days? Has he recovered from your (and his bezzie mate's) betrayal, you norty girl?

Exactly. I was a model teenager, studious, respectful, god-fearin and respectable. My mum must be getting old-timers disease cos she insists I was a narky, chippy mare who two and three timed that nice boy, Philip and was no better than I should be. TBH, I think DS gets the clegging gene from her.blush

And Phil, that hickie insect bite I had on my neck was a mosquito, not your best mate, honest.

Maisiethemorningsidecat Sat 27-Nov-10 22:34:32

According to my new bible a book I bought recently called Get out of my life (but first take me and Alex into town), clegging is a very common trait amongst teenagers. Personally I don't recall being anything other than a fantastic help to my mother (she disputes this) so I can't relate to it, but my own 13 year old offspring is showing a remarkable ability to clegg. My reaction to the said clegging has resulted in him having a very "unfair" life, apparently.

Mrs Bonkers I know, but I really can't be arsed to care, COD is the least of my worries.......wink

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Sat 27-Nov-10 07:50:19

Oh yes - should have known, as my own DS ( 13) shockingly plays it...

MrsBonkers Sat 27-Nov-10 00:51:32

Shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(COD is an 18) smile

Call of Duty, a highly inappropriate X Box game that DS and his constituents mates are all obsessed by.

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Fri 26-Nov-10 18:56:13

(Just wondering what a gruesome session of COD was?)

*thereisalight" I have just spat coffee all over my keyboard and it was so, worth it. That has to be the anti-clegg symbol.

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Fri 26-Nov-10 18:46:30

Fantastic! grin

I was explaining roads signs to 5 year old DD today. She asked me what this one was.

It reminded me of this thread.

Talk roundup! Feel like I did when I first had sex. Proud, grown-up, but somewhat bashful. Shame I can't tell anyone!

Clegg-Anon?

Please talk to me about the Cleggers in your life. It's good to share (unless you are a Clegger, of course, then it's "I never agreed to share and if I did I didn't mean it!")

madamimadam Thu 25-Nov-10 21:29:30

'Tis here, Katie:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1090953-If-to-Clegg-wer e-a-verb

Your experience would be invaluable. We just need to finalise the research, get some more examples of usage in the field and pass it on to the OED. Then we move on 'to Cable'.

(We're not sure if it's worth passing 'to Osborne' on the OED. Not sure they take pictograms...)

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Thu 25-Nov-10 21:27:38

What about wives of cleggers?

MadamDeathstare too may revalations! Not only have I discovered the shameful truth about DS but I now have to call DH "Mr President!"

MmeLindt Thu 25-Nov-10 21:23:40

Could we have a support thread for parents of cleggers?

DS clegged me today when he told me that he had cleaned his teeth. On smelling his breath, I could tell that he was clegging.

SpeedyGonzalez Thu 25-Nov-10 21:22:53

Ahh, just read urban dict definition. Cheers for that, madam! Seems I'm not quite as out of date as I feared.

Poor Nick Clegg, he gets such a battering.

<<snurk>>

balia Thu 25-Nov-10 21:22:48

Is he ginger? Then you could see his Clegg and raise him a Harman...

Where might I find this working party madamimadam?

As a parent of a clegger, I'm sure their diagnosis woud be valuable.

SirBoobAlot Thu 25-Nov-10 21:21:13

You've been utterly Clegged.

SpeedyGonzalez Thu 25-Nov-10 21:20:18

Sorry, I'm really out of politics at the mo but love this new verb. What was it that Clegg did? Is this about student fees?

Well you can do an Obama right back at him. Stand in the middle of the house yelling at everyone indiscriminately until things are fixed.

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Thu 25-Nov-10 21:17:53

Oh that's great - though I don't know if I agree with the traitor meaning - I mean that's a bit forceful - the definition has to be much more wishy-washy than that, I feel.

madamimadam Thu 25-Nov-10 21:15:10

Thereisalight, there's every chance:

www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126668337344338

and

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clegg

(There's an MN working party refining the exact definition and etymology, obv.)

Katie, you mustn't blame yourself. It's for the best.

SS it is, then. Let the de-clegging commence!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now