to think that Ross was in the wrong not Rachel? That Emily wasn't an absolute cow? Please can we have an old school friends debate?!

(329 Posts)
MandyMcFly Sat 02-Oct-10 13:53:41

grin

Just been watching friends...and it's been a long time since I have had a truly deep and meaningful debate about it haha.

Emily - after her and Ross split for good they acted like she was a complete bitch. Well, no actually...Ross said Rachel's name at the wedding, but she went ahead with the service. Then decided to give him another chance and went to the airport to see Ross leaving for their honeymoon with Rachel, but she still was willing to give him another chance on the conditions that he didn't see Rachel anymore. Now I know that obviously they couldn't have had Ross not seeing Rachel, but Emily wasn't actually unreasonable was she? From her point obviously it wasn't a lot to ask and she was very fair giving so many chances, right?! grin

And what does everybody think about the 'We Were On A Break!!' thing?

[thinks about things too much emoticon]

Now, no spoiling my fun, telling me to get a life please. wink grin

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Mon 14-Jan-13 00:24:46

Monica and Rachel tried various things but eventually offered to kiss for one minute.

C & J walked back into their apartment saying, "that was one good minute. Night." - going straight to their separate rooms to, ahem, think things over.

missalien Sun 13-Jan-13 23:29:54

Something to do with Rachel and Monica kissing but I can't remember exactly what!!

EndOfTheRoad2011 Sun 13-Jan-13 23:13:24

Love friends and can watch them over and over and over again!

One thing that has been bugging me and I am wandering if any of u guys know the answet!

When Joey and Chandler won the bet and moved into the girls apartment how and when did they get their apartment back!?!?!

Dubjackeen Sun 13-Jan-13 19:58:37

I thought of another of my favourites-the one with the ballroom dancing, Joey and Treeger dancing on the roof grin

missalien Sun 13-Jan-13 19:46:40

Mr heckles!

You woke up my cat!

You don't even have a cat

I could have a cat .

And it was so sad when they were jn his flat after he had died .

Best mn thread ever . Fact .

And Ross is a drippy prick . Ltb.

VictorAndBarry Sun 13-Jan-13 19:20:54

My faves

Chandler
Phoebe

Then the others in any old order, they all bring somethng to the show, but are not loved.

Loved Mike and Richard too. Monica was a much more appealing character with Richard.

JaneFonda Sun 13-Jan-13 19:02:28

My favourite Friends characters in order:

Rachel
Joey
Phoebe
Chandler
Monica
Ross

Now that I've read people saying about how Ross behaved towards Rachel, and also his other girlfriends, I cannot stand him. I watched a couple of episodes today and had to switch it off because he makes me feel so ill now! Especially the early seasons when Ross and Rachel are a new couple.

Jojobump1986 Sun 13-Jan-13 18:59:15

My favourite episode has to be the trifle... For so many reasons! It's one of the few where all the characters have storylines going on & the scene where Judy tries to make sense of all the bickering is just fab!

The whole Ross & Emily situation was just a series of bad decisions on both sides. They should never have got engaged so quickly, not have moved up the wedding, not said the wrong name and carried on regardless but I think after that point it was her who ruined the relationship. She ran away, multiple times & refused to discuss things. He sent her romantic gifts & apologised profusely but she threw it all back in his face. He tried to make it work & compromise. She was more interested in punishing him. I bet if she'd posted about it on here she would've been told that she'd been stupid to move that fast in the relationship & either she had to let him go or she had to let go of the past!

<Goes to get a life now...>

PickledInAPearTree Sun 13-Jan-13 18:32:36

Janice was ACE! I loved her.

Panzee Sun 13-Jan-13 18:29:06

Wasn't it 15 Yemen Road, Yemen?

I can't believe I remember that! grin

RobinSparkles Sun 13-Jan-13 17:50:20

Even more hilarious is that she has it written on a piece of paper. How would you forget?!

RobinSparkles Sun 13-Jan-13 17:48:47

1 Yemen Road. Yemen. LOL grin

Minniesbowtique Sun 13-Jan-13 17:46:43

My favourite episode is the one where Chandler tells Janice he is moving to Yemen the ause he can't break up with her.

'I'll write to you everyday. 1 Yemen Road. Yemen'

'Can I stay with you in Yemen'

Hahahahaa.

RobinSparkles Sun 13-Jan-13 17:43:25

Rachel should have done herself a favour and stayed on the plane, although at the time I was hoping she would get off. I was younger and naive back then grin.

I do love it though when Phoebe rings her and says there's a problem with the left Falange and the guy goes all hysterical: "sir, sit down there is NO Falange!" "OH MY GOD! This plane doesn't even HAVE a Falange!"

I loved Eddie the crazy room mate!
"Take your fruit, your stupid small fruit and GET OUT!"

AWimbaWay Sun 13-Jan-13 16:45:03

I have had the friends dvd boxset for years but have never needed to watch it what with all the repeats shown on TV.

My big bugbear is when Rachel decides to take the job in Paris, Ross is mortified she is going, but not because he's bothered she's taking his daughter thousands of miles away, in fact I don't think that's mentioned is it?

BrandonFlowersHoHoHo Sun 13-Jan-13 16:34:02

I can't watch the first few series at all. Its so cheesy and not as funny. I don't like the holiday armidillo one either actually. Not sure why. I prefer the later episodes, maybe as I haven't watched them as much.

I hated the Joey/Rachel romance. Such an unlikely pairing and was just awkward. When Monica and Chandler first got together I didnt think it was right, but they grew into a good couple.

I can't decide who is funniest though. I think the best characters were Ross, Chandler and Rachel.

NaicePig Sun 13-Jan-13 16:28:25

OMG didn't even notice this was a Zombie! shock

Frikadellen Sun 13-Jan-13 16:27:15

Trills also

They don't know we know they know we know..

I think my favourite has to be Ross and Richard meeting on the way to the bathroom to get condoms each wearing a girly dressing gown..

The episode with Julia Roberts is very funny and I dont care much for her.

Trills Sun 13-Jan-13 16:18:42

But do they KNOW we know they know? grin

(tis is the best kind of zombie thread - still exactly as relevant and useful as the day it was started)

Trills Sun 13-Jan-13 15:59:20

The writers had to turn Emily into a bitch who was only ever seen on the phone from the chest up because the actress was pregnant.

Trills Sun 13-Jan-13 15:57:59

Ross was just so boring and mopey, I didn't understand why anyone was ever attracted to him.

NaicePig Sun 13-Jan-13 15:41:04

There's a lot of episodes I can't bear to watch any more though. The holiday armadillo goes off when it starts - just seen it too many times. It's a joy when I switch it on and it's one of the later ones, as I've seen those ones far less times!

NaicePig Sun 13-Jan-13 15:38:57

I've just remembered something else. When Carol is pregnant and she and Susan say that if it's a girl they like Minnie ("as in mouse?" grin ) and he objects and suggests Julia. Then much later he ends up dating a Julie.

Then when he freaks out Rachel by saying he's planned their future and named their future children, she asks what name he has for a girl and he says Emily. Then he marries Emily. Then he divorces her and they actually do have a daughter and call her Emma but that wasn't even one of the names that had occurred to either of them and it's Monica's suggestion and Rachel goes mad for it.

Is there one script writer who just likes these names?!

Bicnod Sun 13-Jan-13 14:03:48

My favourite Ross episode has already been mentioned on here, the 'pivot, pivot, pivot' with the sofa. Still cracks me up.

Also, Phoebe's smelly cat.

Chandler's quit smoking tapes 'you are a strong, confident woman'.

Joey and Ross's naps.

Emily was quite within her rights to ask Ross to stop seeing Rachel IMHO, considering everything that had happened. He wasn't prepared to budge an inch on anything. Probably because he didn't actually love her.

Ross was a jealous controlling twat. Not sure what Rachel saw in him really. But he was very very funny.

Oooooo - I miss Friends!

BrandonFlowersHoHoHo Sun 13-Jan-13 13:56:49

I'm watching it now too Devlin.

Ross 'I'm dead and no one cares?'

Monica 'I look like a man?'

Chandler 'please, one ridiculous problem at a time'

Haha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now