Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Easter egg for Dairy/egg/soy/sesame /treenut/peanut allergies?

(14 Posts)
babybarrister Thu 14-Mar-13 17:31:42

real difficulty is the fact that one manufacturer puts an allergy warning on a product is not necessarily an indication of the level of possible cross contamination ...it may just be indicative of better practices and giving more warnings!

The Anaphylaxis Campaign are in fact working on this issue so that there is actually some logic to the warnings given which will depend on the level of cross contamination - have a look at their knowledge base

Bilbomum Thu 14-Mar-13 13:05:40

Just to second babybarrister, ds is allergic to tree nuts and peanuts and has never had a reaction to Moofree. It's a risk obviously but he doesn't like dark chocolate so there isn't really an alternative for us. I'm going to change the egg in a Hot Wheels pack for a Moofree one in an effort to make it look more exciting!

queeniebee Wed 13-Mar-13 19:50:08

Thanks, I think I will go for the moofree one as it looks the nicest!!
If I can find any in stock...

make one self I think. I would mold a rice crispy treat and cover in dark chocolate. would be super easy. proper rice crispy treat though not the ones you make in the UK. assuming that you aren't veggie though

OhMyNoReally Wed 13-Mar-13 18:48:36
CMOTDibbler Wed 13-Mar-13 18:46:38

Dietary Needs direct seem to have a few which look suitable here

babybarrister Wed 13-Mar-13 18:41:12

DS allergic to nuts but not peanuts as well as the other allergens on your list - FEIW we have never had a problem with Moofree

babybarrister Wed 13-Mar-13 18:40:07

Moofree - I have already bought oursgrin

trixymalixy Wed 13-Mar-13 18:30:25

Moo free have a nut warning, which is very irritating. You'd think if you were specifically making allergy friendly chocolates, you wouldn't use any nuts in your factory.

There is a brand called moo free that is dairy and soya free. They do not contain nuts but I'm not sure if there is cross contamination risk.

trixymalixy Wed 13-Mar-13 18:24:26

Alternatively you could buy a mould and some suitable chocolate and make your own.

StillStuck Wed 13-Mar-13 18:22:14

I have son with dairy and soya allergies too, I haven't managed to find one yet so he's getting a cardboard egg filled with duplo and his favourite snack bars

But hopefully someone will know of one!!

trixymalixy Wed 13-Mar-13 18:19:36

The soya makes it difficult as most I have seen have soya. Try goodness direct or dietary needs direct.

queeniebee Wed 13-Mar-13 18:10:26

Does anyone know where I could get my toddler son a little chocolate egg for Easter??

His non allergic brother will be having one and would love him to have one too!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now