Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Eating out in Brighton with toddler with multiple food intolerances

(12 Posts)
OHforDUCKScake Sat 23-Feb-13 20:29:43

shock A very, very good and old friend of mine runs and owns the Druids. grin

rockinhippy Sat 23-Feb-13 20:00:11

There is a pub close to "the Level" called " The Druids" it's surprisingly kid friendly, the food is great & they can do a gluten free Sunday roast if you want it, I believe the owner/chef is celiac so is very aware of food intolerance/allergy issues & they really do go out of their way to help & definitely don't mind you asking.

HTH

OHforDUCKScake Sat 23-Feb-13 19:49:36

Pizza express are amazing. Never did I imagine myself saying cheeseless pizzas actually taste good. grin

freefrommum Sat 23-Feb-13 11:32:56

Ask and Bella Italia have good allergy info and both offer gluten free pasta and pizza. Nando's is good too.

CecyHall France Sat 23-Feb-13 07:52:58

Terre a Terre also have a nice kids menu, which looks as though it might have something suitable

Maz007 Sat 23-Feb-13 07:36:23

There's a thread somewhere not too long ago about eating out with multiple allergies... not as exciting as FFF (which I'd recommend too!) but lots of the 'chain' type places have good allergy info - either online so you can go prepared or in the restaurant as a nutritional info folder. Prezzo and Pizza Express have both been good for us. Have fun!

Arkady Thu 21-Feb-13 22:58:01

Ta. Accommodating is good when out with small kids and a whole list of excluded foods.
Any one happen to know any pasta places that also have gf pasta? Tapas restaurant who don't mind kids or being interrogated about ingredients?
We've been avoiding eating out much as its such a faff, so we've not got the hang of how to do it when we do need to.

OHforDUCKScake Thu 21-Feb-13 21:35:27

Im from Brighton and second Food For Friends. Its lovely, accomodating and by the sea front.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Arkady Thu 21-Feb-13 20:01:11

Thanks. We may end up there more than once.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Arkady Thu 21-Feb-13 12:34:09

We're off to Brighton for the weekend. There are many many foods DS2 can't eat, including gluten, dairy, soy, oily fish, red meat.
Anyone know any wholefood shops with a cafe? Veggie places with extreme food labelling? Any other suggestions? He's not picky at all, so if he can eat it, he probably will.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now