Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

older allergic children -do they wear a medic-alert bracelet?

(6 Posts)
ukey Sat 16-Feb-13 12:10:59

I would look tru all the diff options with ur DS as if he chooses something himself he is more likely to wear it. We have a rubber type one from Allergy Essex that has 'Peanut & tree nut allergy printed on it.

http://www.allergyessex.co.uk/ourshop/cat_665832-EMIALERT-SILICONE-WRISTBANDS.html

babybarrister Colombia Fri 15-Feb-13 17:17:17

DS 6 - always wears hissmile

DD2 (age 14) wears one (medical condition, not allergy) - she's quite happy to wear it as it means I let her go out without an adult as it looks like a bracelet rather than anything "medically" and lets her feel like she's being all rebel ish by breaking school uniform rules

ggirl Fri 15-Feb-13 16:33:14

thanks
wonder if any teens wear them?

DS 2 wore one until just before Xmas when it broke. He is 7 and diabetic. It wasn't seen as uncool, his friends never commented on it - in fact he has a couple of friendship type bracelets too, so it was never really that noticeable. I must order a new one!

ggirl Fri 15-Feb-13 15:35:48

ds is 10 and used to wear one when he was very young

he chose not to wear one when he ventually outgrew the last one in yr3

now he's getting more independent and going places without me I wondered about him getting one again

what does your child do?

Is it seen as terribly uncool?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now