Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Coconut milk yoghurt for CMPI 6mo DS

(10 Posts)
lucylookout Thu 31-Jan-13 23:33:14

Is there any reason why I can't give CMPI 6mo DS coconut yoghurt? Asked health visitor and she admitted she knew nothing about it.

SuburbanMomma Fri 01-Feb-13 00:15:15

Too high in sugar might be a reason. And also the nutritional value is unlikely to satisfy the needs of a 6 month old. Remember food is for fun until they are one so if you fill him up in that then he's less likely to take the more important milk (formula or breast milk).

The problem with so many milk alternative products is that they have been developed for the adult dieter rather than the food allergic child. Well that's certainly what I've found.

lucylookout Fri 01-Feb-13 10:02:08

Thanks suburban, I think you're right about it having little/no nutritional value, though it doesn't have any (added) sugar. That means I get to eat the one in the fridge, yum'

babybarrister Sat 02-Feb-13 21:51:30

Ok I found one today and it is delicious coyo.co.uk/ - I bought it in Wholefoodssmile

TinyDiamond Sat 02-Feb-13 21:54:56

I did give coyo to cmpi dd but it's ££££££ but yum! No problem as long as it's not loooads so putting them off the food or milk in general

dozily Wed 06-Feb-13 11:28:10

Just saw this thread - I have a CMP-allergic DD (8 months). Coyo sounds great! I would have thought nutritionally it would be quite good as coconut milk is quite high in fat I think, which babies need plenty of?

There are a couple of stockists near me so will give it a go - thanks smile

It can't be any higher in sugar than petit filoux. Go forit. Obviously though stick to small portion .

OHforDUCKScake Wed 06-Feb-13 13:58:06

Ive been looking everywhere for coyo!!

I tried Goodness Direct but they wanted to charge £9 pp.

Would your local health store order in?

silverfrog Wed 06-Feb-13 14:02:15

ocado has coyo. I get it for dh, and will probably give ds a taste soonish - he's just over 6 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now