Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

When do you let your child carry their own epiphany?

(28 Posts)
Furby2000 Thu 31-Jan-13 20:39:11

My son has a peanut allergy as well as asthma and eczema, he was prescribed an epipen about 3 years ago. We keep one at school, one with childminder and one at home/grandparents, it's a bit of a logistical nightmare especially as he needs inhalers in all these places too. Also, he is an unorganised child who loses everything. He is in year 5 and I was wondering how older children manage this issue when at secondary school/ out on their own?

zipzap Wed 06-Feb-13 21:18:10

shelsco - great tip grin

quick question though -
Does it matter what size cup - will one of the little old fashioned ones do that they used to use for weak lemon squash at brownies or does it need to be bigger - sort of thing you'd get starbucks coffee in (not an expresso, a bigger one, am not a coffee drinker so not familiar with the names for the sizes!)

Cheers!

freefrommum Wed 06-Feb-13 22:03:41

Great tip, thanks shelsco!

shelsco Sat 09-Feb-13 12:16:44

I think just a small one would do the job as it just means the drug is in the air that they are breathing in so it gets to the lungs. To be honest, its a good question but my friend just said an ordinary paper cup so I assumed a small one. A bigger one would be harder to seal round the mouth so more of the drug would escape into the air, I would think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now